Human Resources Specialist
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
004943NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Human Resources Specialist - JourneyWorking Title:
Human Resources SpecialistSalary Range:
$41,118 - $51,645Anticipate Hiring Range:
$41,118 - $51,645FLSA Status:
Col Liberal Arts & Science (Col)Work Unit:
College of Liberal Arts & SciencesWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position:
The HR Specialist position directly reports to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Business Officer. The position serves as the primary approver and reviewer of a range of processes and requests associated with SHRA staff, Temporary Employees, Student Employees and Performance Appraisal. The HR Specialist will attend SHRA recruitment committee meetings (as needed), respond to all inquiries from departments, etc. in reference to NinerTalent actions, prepare analysis and reports, keep abreast of policies and procedures relating to SHRA staff, Temporary Employees, Student Employees and Performance Appraisals policies and procedures, and maintain appropriate files for SHRA staff, Temporary Employees and Student Employees not stored in NinerTalent. Coordinate a cycle of comprehensive review of organizational structure in collaboration with the College Business Officer by updating organizational charts. Serves as office lead with oversight of daily operationsMinimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from a four year college or university; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Four year degree in business or HR and one year of human resources experience, or graduation from high school and five years of progressively responsible administrative work including at least two years of experience in administering a human resources program(s) for a work unit or in a personnel office.Essential Job Duties:
•Serve as a resource to leadership and staff: HR procedural changes and deadlines; Serve as resource for career progression (SHRA positions and advancement); Salary benchmarking; and Advise staff, search committee and departmental chairs or other hiring managers on position descriptions and the recruitment and hiring stages.
•Oversees the staff personnel processes and assist with faculty, and systems management: College/ department’s performance and feedback process (meeting and completing annual performance review deadlines); Maintain position vacancy reports and track related search activity in coordination with Business Officer.
•Personnel Compliance-submit reports as requested, Manage incomplete I-9 actions, Assist with Kronos, and coordinate H1-B or other visas with ISSO.
• Manage SHRA staff appointment documentation, NinerTalent actions and SHRA Performance Reviews; Oversight of temporary appointments, related wages/wage equity, and approval processes.
• Coordinate a cycle of comprehensive review of organizational structure in collaboration with the College Business Officer by updating organizational charts.
- Serves as office lead with oversight of daily operations.
• Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related business area or related organizational design and development; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• PHR certified or ability to obtain within the first 24 months.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Team-work and customer centric oriented.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Organizational design/development knowledge/experience, a plus.
• Training/Development ability.
Fretwell 430Posting date:
06/20/2021Proposed Hire Date:
07/01/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.