Help Desk Supervisor
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-04
Coordinates, coaches and supports activities of staff who provide Tier 1 and 2 level customer service for a variety of Health Information & Technology (HIT) Services.
- Supervise HIT Help Desk including staff schedules, training, and continued competency.
- Coordinate staff to provide 24/7 HIT Help Desk coverage to include IT Ancillaries and School of Medicine Service Desk.
- Support staff monitoring financial system jobs to ensure that all accounts receivable activities complete as expected, and work with Revenue Cycle analysts and operations to ensure that the system meets business needs.
- Support staff in identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving Tier 1 and 2 incidents.
- Support staff in the appropriate escalation of Tier 3 & 4 customer incidents to HIT Service Provider Teams.
- Coordinate the identification, documentation, notification, and resolution of HIT Event Storms.
- Provide timely communication to HIT customers as requested by approved management staff.
- Partner with HIT Service Provider teams to learn and share with staff upcoming new functionality/upgrades anticipating potential customer issues and associated steps to resolution.
- Support the creation, approval, and currency review of ITSM Knowledge Base Articles.
- Coach staff on excellence in customer service, identifying opportunities for improvement, and celebrating accomplishments.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Associate Degree or Relevant Certification
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, climbing (ladder, steps), reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive), and driving. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to vibrations, humidity, cold, noise, and dust.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.