Integration Developer 2
Job no: 495735
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Information Technology
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Plans, designs, builds, tests and maintains the integrations and web services between enterprise systems to meet the needs of critical business processes for University students, staff and faculty, as well as prospective students and the general public. The Integration Developer series supports academic and administrative functions of the University.Department Overview:
Join the Office of Information Technology team as an Integration Developer and help support academic and administrative functions of the University.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
95% of Time the Integration Developer 2 must:
- Support and Maintain Assigned Software:
- Provides incident/problem resolution and on-call support for enterprise web service integration, web services, and assigned enterprise web applications during and outside of business hours and weekends as required.
- Contacts and works with software vendor(s) to resolve issues in delivered software. Follow-up with vendor(s) and escalate support requests as necessary.
- Reapply integration customizations and configurations
- Uses tracing and debugging tools as necessary and interprets logs and traces.
- Develop and Enhance Software and Integration:
- Collaborates with users, customers, business analysts and other technical staff to review software requirements and functional specifications, identifying potential gaps between customer requirements and the capabilities of existing technology and resources, and recommending designs that are user-friendly and compliant with technical requirements.
- Writes new and/or modifies existing integrations and services according to standards. Consults with other more senior staff and users in design of solutions. Problems are typically moderate complexity, although may implement solutions to more complex solutions with input and guidance from more senior staff.
- Test New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Create and execute automated tests and manual tests as needed following best practices and procedures.
- Document New and Changed Software and Integrations:
- Documents problem resolutions clearly and concisely in tracking system(s) according to department standards.
- Work with Integration Developer IV to establish standards and to document the services layer.
- Development of Self:
- Stays current with relevant advances in technologies via on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, etc.
- Modifies behaviors based on learning from experience, peer feedback, and on performance feedback.
- Project Work and Reporting:
- Able to identify technical tasks required for a project and provide estimates for tasks.
- Provides estimates for tasks based on experience, team standards, and with input from more senior staff. Provides status reports, exchanges relevant information with management and project teams, and meets timelines.
5% of Time the Integration Developer 2 performs duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience developing in an object-oriented programming language such as C#, .Net or Java.
- Experience developing and maintaining web services for enterprise applications
- Experience with one or more Learning Management Systems (LMS) systems including Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.
- Familiarity with service bus concept for enterprise integration.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with relational database technology.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and to write complex SQL statements.
- Proficiency with one or more procedural and/or object oriented programming languages.
- Ability to contribute to technical conversations and collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical staff members.
- Demonstrated successful performance with coordinating and completing multiple tasks to meet aggressive and changing deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field plus 2 years minimum experience in similar type of work.Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $65,478.40; commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
Advertised: June 4, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: June 20, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time