Recruitment and Onboarding Specialist
Bard CollegeRecruitment and Onboarding SpecialistBard College seeks a Recruitment and Onboarding Specialist to attract and retain the highest quality candidates to support the college’s mission and strategic plan. The successful candidate will set the recruitment and selection strategy and ensure delivery and execution of hiring initiatives that are inclusive and equitable as well as lead the new hire experience for Bard College with a focus on retention and building a positive employee experience. The ideal candidate will work independently and in a group and be successful at working in a fast-paced environment and communicating with colleagues at all levels.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Establish strategic partnerships with managers, department leaders, and department chairs to develop a thorough understanding of position needs and effectively design individualized and college-wide recruitment strategies, with a focus on enhancing diversity and inclusion within the college. Ensure compliance on applicable state and federal regulations regarding recruitment and employment practices.
- Provide guidance to search committees on recruitment and selection processes and practices; manage the search process to ensure timely, effective, and equitable searches. Effectively utilize and assess print, social media, and other web resources to ensure vacant positions reach targeted talent pools with maximum return on investment. Oversee accurate website content related to talent acquisition.
- Partner with hiring managers to successfully source candidates. Develop and maintain partnerships locally, regionally, and nationally to enhance the college’s recruitment efforts.
- Post jobs on the college website, applicant tracking system, and external sources; manage related logistics.
- Analyze metrics to measure and improve the success of recruitment and selection efforts. Reviews metrics critically for equal employment, diversity, and inclusion programming, as well as retention efforts.
- Participate and/or lead special projects as requested to ensure timely, thorough and accurate analysis and solution-focused recommendations for process improvement.
- Develop and execute successful recruitment strategies and interview techniques for candidates at all levels.
- Provide interview skills training for managers.
- Build new hire orientation and engagement strategy for the first year of employment.
- Maintain learning materials, host orientation, facilitate Q&A and lead new hire presentations in virtual and in-person sessions.
- Design communication plans for new hires and their managers.
- Build relationships with colleagues’ college-wide who present at orientation, and advise on department-specific onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and 3-5 years of experience leading talent acquisition processes.
- Proficient with business application software, such as MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience with online application and recruitment tools.
- Exceptional customer service and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Experience in higher education or other educational settings.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement and contact information for three references to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/88752
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementBard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.