Senior Associate Director, Donor Relations and Stewardship
Job no: 494007
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
Butler University is in the midst of its largest comprehensive campaign to date. Central to this effort is supporting and increasing donor engagement and giving. The Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship will lead the strategy and execution of Butler’s institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program. The Senior Associate Director is responsible for the strategic execution of the plan and creating meaningful opportunities to engage, thank, and retain current and future donors.
The Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations will be responsible for the management of one professional staff member, Assistant Director of Donor Relations. In addition, they will manage a student worker.
S/he reports to the Senior Director of Advancement Operations.
Strategic Direction and Execution
- Execute against comprehensive gift acknowledgement strategy, including Presidential Acknowledgements
- Partner with Provost and Deans to ensure awareness of and execution against comprehensive gift acknowledgement and stewardship strategy
- Manage Butler’s premier giving society stewardship plans, including the Carillon Society, President’s Club, and Fairview Heritage Society
- Manage major gifts announcement process for gifts received over $500,000
- Manage process to recognize first-time donors, consecutive year donors, matching gift and in honor/in memory gifts
- In close partnership with the Office of Financial Aid, ensure endowed funds are being used according to donor intent as outlined in established gift agreements by monitoring fund accounting and collaborating with Butler units to ensure the awarding of scholarships/other endowed funds
- Provide ongoing strategic operations subject matter expertise and utilization of the Blackbaud Award Management (BAM) tool
- Partner with Advancement Services and the Business Office to serve as liaison for the University’s financial operations regarding the initiation of new funds, gift agreements, fund statements, or other relevant documentation related to the stewardship of gifts to Butler and ensure all endowed funds and named spaces are recorded and tracked in the donor database
- Ensure annual production and delivery to donors of Endowed Fund and Endowed Scholarship Reports, including management of process to collect student beneficiary letters of gratitude
- Manage defined cadence of review, update, ratification, and execution of Butler’s giving policies.
- Manage tracking and database recording of Butler art collection
- Chair Butler’s Gift Acceptance Committee
- Oversee gift acceptance process by drafting and reviewing gift agreements and driving documents through approval process before setting up and documenting new funds.
- Work with Development staff to complete agreement worksheets and initial planning stage
- Draft and review gift agreements
- Route completed gift agreements for approval and signatures
- Coordinate with Assistant Director to set up and document new fund
Annual Giving Liaison
- Assist Annual Giving to coordinate annual gift acknowledgment process and stewardship with the goal of increasing retention and promoting gift upgrades
- Facilitate matching gift acknowledgment and stewardship program
- Coordinate annual scholarship documentation and stewardship
- Ensure annual donors are receiving appropriate donor recognition and benefits
- Ensure all donor relations and stewardship efforts are recorded in Advance
- Provide direction to the student worker
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: June 04, 2021
Applications close: August 09, 2021