Head Soccer and Softball Coach
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-52-5230-Athletics Dept
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Jun 4, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Position ID:: 131838
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Job Code: TBD
- Status: Full-time (37.5 hours/week), 12-month position
- Hours: as required for position
- Exempt (Yes/No): Yes
- Location: Longmeadow, MA
Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the women's soccer and softball programs: coaching the team, planning, organizing, and supervising team practices; actively identifying, evaluating, and recruiting student-athletes; and working within the membership association and departmental guidelines and federal, state and local laws and department, division and college policies and procedures. Reports jointly to the Director of Athletics and the VP of Enrollment Management, Marketing, and Athletics. Works with students, coaches, parents, staff, faculty and on and off campus constituencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates all on and off-campus recruitment activities within the guidelines of the athletic association we are members of.
- Complies with all athletic association, college and department of athletics regulations and policies.
- Provides leadership and coaching for the women's intercollegiate soccer & softball teams.
- Provides financial accountability for all Bay Path University functions hosted by the coach/team/department.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of assistant coaches in softball and soccer. Assists in the hiring and selection of the assistant coach.
- Prepares athletes for competition and performs post-season evaluations.
- Supervises the distribution and care of team uniforms and care and maintenance of team facilities and equipment.
- Supervises graduate assistants and/or interns in soccer and softball.
- Ensures compliance with athletic department facility contracts, scheduling priorities, and guidelines.
- Report weekly recruiting contact data and maintain accountability for recruiting/enrollment benchmarks.
- Participate in designated staff functions including job-related in-service training.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the university.
- Education: Undergraduate degree required; masters' degree preferred.
- Experience: Intercollegiate playing required.
- Tremendous sense of motivation and passion for soccer and softball.
- Seeking an opportunity to recruit, coach, and build a nationally competitive team.
- Demonstrate a driven personality to successfully lead a team.
- Considerable knowledge of fitness concepts and techniques, athletic association rules and regulations, and rules and scoring.
- Familiarity with recruiting techniques both at the high school and two-year college level.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes by monitoring and actively encouraging participants to succeed academically and represent the college with leadership and integrity, both on and off the field.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, as part of a team, and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to maintain confidentiality, and to supervise others.
- Ability to plan team trips in each sport potentially internationally and run clinics during the year (league, conference, and association levels).
- Ability to raise funds during the year in support of team trips.
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel required from the office to other locations on a regular basis.
- Coaches must comply with all athletic association rules and regulations, and have a duty to cooperate with and furnish the athletic association and the University with truthful and accurate information regarding rules violations.
- Coaches will be evaluated through an annual performance appraisal process and are expected to meet annual recruitment and enrollment goals.
- CPR certification.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course (within 15 days of hire) and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.). and sexual offender records check (S.O.R.I.).
- Submit to and pass pre-employment drug screening and/or physical duties test.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.