Assistant Director, Experience
Marketing & Brand ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Arizona Experience Team’s mission is to turn every touchpoint with an audience into an extraordinary, memorable, and joyful experience. We do this by examining audience journeys and touchpoints, and problem-solving innovative and collaborative ways to ensure the audience leaves with a positive and deep impression of the University of Arizona. We collaborate with university leadership and units across campus, creating just-in-time teams to design solutions large and small with maximum impact. These projects rarely have a template, and may include any medium, thus they require entrepreneurial energy and thinking to come to life.
The ideal candidate liaises easily with every level of the institution in order to operationalize ideas into real customer-facing experiences – creating justification and project plans; helping build arguments, budgets, real and virtual structures; being a key member of the team at go-live; and wrapping up real ROI reports.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an audience advocate and evangelist by bringing the customer point of view to every interaction, building strong cross-institution partnerships, and creating teaching/workshop materials to help frontline university personnel understand CX principles and how to bring them to their daily practice
- Operationalize proposed projects by creating detailed budget, equipment and personnel needs, along with timelines for projects
- Collaborate and check in with project team members and stakeholders to ensure milestones are met, and provide data for reports before, during and after successful project completion
- Manage team-level and internal stakeholder updates and communications by implementing project tracking, leveraging existing internal communications pathways, effectively communicating out project progress, needs, and successes
- Help research viability of proposed project opportunities in terms of not only budget and personnel, but also expected reach and long-term impact
- Fully manage at least two projects annually from inception to completion
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attainedthrough professional-level experience required AND
- Fiveyears of relevant experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Theatre, Theatre Management, Architecture, Marketing, Experience or other 3D Design.
- Progressively responsible experience in any of the following fields: Experience Design, Audience Management, Show Running, Show Management/Direction, Show Technical Direction. Additional work in team-building, communications, public relations, instructional design, data collection and/or data analysis are a plus.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/19/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
A link to your professional portfolio MUST be included in your cover letter.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.