Audience Services Representative
AZ Public Media Admin SvcsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Under the supervision of the Audience Services Manager, the Audience Services Representative performs varied advanced secretarial and administrative work unique to the assigned work unit. The incumbent must exemplify personal integrity and be able to demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality and, with minimal direct supervision, act with initiative, deliver priority customer service, and use independent judgment.
AZPM is an editorially independent, member-supported, non-profit public media organization serving Southern Arizona and is provided as a community service of the University of Arizona (UA). AZPM utilizes advanced digital transmission technology to deliver three channels of public television, three channels of radio, online, and educational outreach services to audiences in all or portions of eleven Arizona counties. AZPM is committed to being a source of information that promotes thoughtful conversation and community collaboration by bringing people and ideas together.
AZPM receives a significant amount of support from viewers and listeners, the University, grant makers, and corporate sponsors. Regardless of job capacity, each AZPM employee is obligated to present a responsive, professional, and helpful business image to all. As a trusted media organization that provides impartial coverage on a variety of topics, all AZPM employees are required to support its Editorial Standards and Code of Ethics policies, both of which are available for review online at azpm.org.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/Duties & Responsibilities:
• Delivers priority customer service to members; receives calls and emails, researches member records to respond immediately to inquiries via telephone, email, or letter; contacts other departments for information as necessary to respond to member inquiries.
• Maintains accurate records in the donor database by entering pledges, correcting addresses, adding premiums, adjusting mail preferences, and other account maintenance.
• Pulls customer service reports and makes corrections to maintain an accurate donor database.
• Provides technical assistance and resource referrals to members activating their PBS Passport accounts.
• Generates tax receipts and acknowledgment letters upon member request.
• Works with vendors to order products for members requesting thank you gifts.
• Updates and maintains audience lists in email marketing website.
• Facilitates weekly volunteer opportunities by preparing materials and activities.
• Assists during member events to cultivate members and prospects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Attention to detail and exceptional follow-through.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and take initiative.
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook.Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Experience with University of Arizona procedures and processing of University of Arizona departmental financial transactions.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University OperationsBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
1Career Stream and Level:
Customer ServiceJob Function:
University OperationsType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Tanya Gonzales, [email protected]Open Date:
6/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.