Marketing & Brand ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
We are seeking an energized graphic designer to own the creation and maintenance of both our marketing assets and content created to support the brand and other marketing goals. From concept through execution, this candidate will improve our user experience by bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all our various touchpoints.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, design,illustrate, typeset, produce graphics for all media (Arizona logos, e-mail,social media, web, booklets, building wraps, 3-D experiences, jumbotron,brochures, reports, backlit displays, presentations, newsletters, posters,signs, flyers, t-shirts, tents and more)
- Support Art Director to executecampaigns
- Scope and create templates in differentmediums for the rest of campus to use (PowerPoint, Word Document, InDesign,etc.)
- Create a digital portfolio of all thework that is produced within the department
- Help organize server files frombeginning to archiving of projects
- Actively listen and takedetailed notes
- Provide excellent customer service usingexemplary communication skills
- Workas a team member with a willingness to ask questions and learn
- Bachelor's degree orequivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experiencerequired
- Minimum of 3 years relevant workexperience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite(Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign is a must)
- Experience with ad specs, layout, andcolor output
- Experience as either an in-house designer or at a marketing agency
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience working with hands (mounting, creating comps)
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please upload work samples of print and digital designs in each additional document slot.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.