2021-2022 Student FWS Worker, Library
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-04
Job Description SummaryNow hiring for the 2021-2022 academic year, morning and weekend shifts available. The Library Student Worker position is available to FWS students on Main Campus. Student Workers report to the Interlibrary Loan Assistant. Students work any available shift from open to close during the semester (8:00am-11:00pm).Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in the library.
- Supporting Circulation activities ie… book renewals or returns, shelf reading etc.
- Keeping the coffee area clean and stocked with fresh coffee and condiments.
- Assisting in the opening and closing procedures of the library.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University Campus student
- Federal Work Study award required
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel).
- Basic Computer and Printer Troubleshooting (Printing, Emailing, Scanning, Copying).
- Friendly customer service etiquette and demeanor.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- A self-starting work ethic.
- The ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. un-assisted.
- The ability to work as a part of a large group with multiple daily objectives.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period