Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-04
Job Description SummaryThis position is located in the Registrar’s Office. Candidates will provide complex clerical and administrative support in a variety of tasks assisting the assistant registrars for operations and coordinators in the administration of student records. Responsible for the preparation and entry of college credit from external institutions and sources.Job Description
The candidate is responsible for providing administrative support essential to the efficient operations of the Registrar’s Office. These job duties and tasks will include:
Duties and Tasks:
- Answer and support several phone lines acting as one of the first points of contact with the department from center personnel and students providing exceptional customer service answering questions and/or directing them appropriately.
- Assist students, staff, and faculty by email phone, and face to face.
- Scan documents into corresponding student files.
- Process OCICU registrations.
- Process and distribute all incoming mail for the office.
- Assist the Graduation Coordinator with the processing of degree conferrals applications and inquiries.
- Assist the Graduation Coordinator with the printing and mailing of paper diplomas and issuing eDiplomas.
- Assist with the Document Tracking system as needed.
- Assist with processing PURs, mailing of letters, deans’ certs, etc. as needed.
- Assist the CTAM Coordinator with processing military portal items as needed.
- Assist with section building for university campus.
- Assist with transcript evaluations.
- Assist the Assistant Registrars and office management as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate and two (2) years of work experience.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, data entry proficiency and Microsoft Office experience.
- Experience with document imaging systems.
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to perform multi-tasks in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who can perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
This job description intends to represent the types of duties and responsibilities required of positions given this title. It shall not be construed as a declaration of any particular position's total specific duties and responsibilities. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period