Assistant Director of Video Production - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147062)
Assistant Director of Video Production
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Assistant Director of Video Production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps to develop concepts, conducts research and creates outlines for all programming.
- Researches video production equipment and informs unit on latest technologies.
- Assists with all aspects of production, including the use of cameras, audio and lighting equipment during productions.
- Works on all aspects of pre-production, aspires to serve as Lead Producer on some projects.
- Prepares scripts for narration and conducts voiceover recordings.
- Conducts research, obtains rights and clearances, acquires archival footage and photographs for programs.
- Conducts on-camera interviews for programs.
- Edits, proofreads and secures approval for text used within programs.
- Edits Video and/or works with production personnel throughout editing process.
- Supervises and trains production assistants and student interns.
- Coordinates with on-site staff about the unit’s electrical needs for field productions and obtains necessary equipment.
- Formats programs for on-line distribution.
- Formats, encodes, and uploads final programs to network servers for broadcast.
- Manages in-office media transfer equipment and decks.
- Manages multiple deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Conducts cost analysis of production equipment and directs unit in purchases.
- Gathers bids and coordinates with vendors regarding major purchases.
- Plans future equipment purchases based on needs of unit and broadcast standards of BTN.
- Secures needed maintenance or repair on department vehicle.
- Coordinates with Public Affairs and DIA on hiring of production assistants and student interns.
- Secures approval through both campus and BTN channels.
- Works with colleagues to set deadlines and schedules crews/shoots in all phases of production and post-production.
- Ensures that all programming supports and builds the Illinois brand.
- Identify and secure additional distribution outlets for programming. These will include public television stations, the campus and department Web pages, University cable channel, on-campus and off-campus screenings and other vehicles for reaching key audiences.
Collaboration and Brainstorming
- Works with communications professionals, faculty, and development associates across campus to continually develop new programming ideas.
- Works with colleagues to develop strategies for reaching target audiences and messages that are in line with campus marketing/communication goals
Required: Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, marketing, radio/television, web/digital media or a related field.
Required: Three years of professional work experience in video production, with a focus in the production of features and long-form, documentary programs.
Preferred: Five years of experience working with professional DSLR cameras and lenses, camera stabilizers, professional audio and lighting equipment, and other top quality video production equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines and ability to work indecently.
- Experience creating content for national broadcast and working with national networks.
- Familiarity with the structure and excellence of the Urbana-Champaign campus.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Athletic Communications Associate position appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience
Applications must be received by July 2,2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Krissy Doran at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:2-Administrative Title:Assistant Director of Video Production - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147062) Open Date:06/04/2021 Close Date:07/02/2021 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics