Assistant Coach, Director of Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147529)
Assistant Coach, Director of Operations – Football
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Assistant Coach, Director of Operations.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guidance on problem solving any issues related to Scholarship/Financial Aid Issues, Dorm and Housing Issues for incoming student-athletes.
- Educate, Monitor and track all Football student-athletes community service events and hours worked.
- Oversee and approve all Game-Day tickets for student-athletes as well as their families
- Administers Dorm Assignments/Check-in Provide guidance to the student-athletes on the completion of all compliance paperwork for all student-athletes
- Educate and oversees the process for student – athlete’s banking account access for scholarship and COA money
- Coordinate all aspects of Team Travel for Home & Away Games
- Assist with coordination of Bowl Game Travel / Communication for student-athletes, staff and families
- Advance Lead for Team Travel- Advance ahead of the Team on Thursday to set-up the Stadium, Hotel, and handle Local Logistics. Oversee students/staff from other support areas (equipment, sports med, nutrition, video). Conduct Friday Pre-Con Meeting to Finalize Team Details.
- Coordinate all Team Travel/Preseason Camp/Bowl Game Travel
- Game Management- Credentials for all staff and student-athletes as well as families, Visiting Team, Planning Meeting
- Daily Player Communication- Finger Print Access, Parking Passes
- Practice Security Coordinator (Media, Donors, Former Players, Guests)
- Player Car/Moped Parking Permits
- Assist team Nutritionist in all areas of Training Table
- Student manager liaison (on field) with head football equipment manager
- Facility Maintenance/Scheduling
- Director of Summer Football Camps (On Campus)
- Coordinate end of the year Senior Banquet
- Assistant in communication of Yearly Calendar/Practice Schedules
- Work closely with the student athlete development staff on player events and team programming.
Experience Required: One year Division 1 football administrative experience
Preferred: Three years Power 5 football administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required
Environmental Demands: Travel, may work nights and or weekendsSALARYSalary will be commensurate with experience
APPOINTMENT STATUS100 % time of appointment PROPOSED START DATEAs soon as possibility after the closing date.
APPLICATION PROCEDURESFor full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your resume, a cover letter, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references by June 11, 2021. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
CONTACTFor further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Krissy Doran at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Assistant Coach, Director of Operations - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (147529) Open Date:06/04/2021 Close Date:06/11/2021 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics