eLearning Specialist - Gies College of Business (147341)
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
About the Gies eLearning Team
The eLearning team is a talented group of teaching, instructional design, and media professionals who are passionate about delivering educational excellence through innovation. We are dedicated to furthering the Gies College of Business’s mission of democratizing education. We revolutionize the delivery of a high-quality business education by harnessing technology to break through financial and geographic barriers. Apply to join our team and break down barriers.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Provide consultation and support services in instructional design, strategies, assessment, technology, and distributed learning for instructional development projects
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
45% Instructional Design & Development
- Coordinate instructional design projects from inception to completion, and maintain files and records
- Consult with faculty on instructional design and learning objectives
- Assist in the development of instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with digital media team to produce learning materials in a variety of formats including audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching, learning, and college information needs
- Document instructional design processes and create tutorials as necessary
30% Teaching & Learning Support
- Provide assistance to faculty in technology tools and methods, use of instructional software, and effective uses of multimedia
- Research and make recommendations on educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning
- Do observations, reviews of student feedback, and consultations for individual faculty and TAs
20% Communication & Facilitation
- Design, develop, and deliver workshops and training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices; maintain records
- Facilitate curriculum development sessions, document findings, and write reports
- Collaborate with a team of other instructional designers, accessibility specialists, digital media professionals, and student employees
- Willingness to participate or collaborate with research initiatives
- Serve on committees as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Master’s degree in education or an eLearning related field.
Required: Experience using new technologies for teaching and learning. Excellent communication, presentation, and team skills. Familiarity with the literature on teaching, learning, faculty development, and course development. Evidence of experience in the design and development of online or hybrid courses for adult learners.
Preferred: Experience designing courses and facilitating college-level workshops and seminars. Experience working with international students and faculty. Experience in higher education contexts. Familiarity with business education. Familiarity with ADA compliance and accessibility. Familiarity with Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs). Online portfolio of work, a plus. Knowledge of college pedagogy, especially as related to international students.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by July 2, 2021. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Gies College of Business Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:eLearning Specialist - Gies College of Business (147341) Open Date:06/04/2021 Close Date:07/02/2021 Organization Name:eLearning