Food Service Sanitation Laborer - University Housing (147755)
Food Service Sanitation Laborer
University Housing- Dining Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees in this series perform and/or coordinate work involved in the cleaning of dishes and kitchen utensils in a food service unit and may assist with the preparation and serving of food. They also perform and/or coordinate other heavy labor in the food service area and may be involved in the storage of food or kitchen equipment. Maintaining safe and sanitary conditions of all work areas, including kitchens, storerooms and refrigerators, is one of the primary responsibilities for employees in this series. These vacancies may occur in departments across the Urbana-Champaign campus. A Food Service Sanitation Laborer typically:
- Scrapes dishes; operates machines and/or hand washes pots, pans, dishes, and silverware; responsible for the storage of cleaned pots and pans
- Cleans and polishes silver
- Maintains equipment and supplies needed in service area; reports equipment failures to the designated supervisor
- Scours and/or cleans counters, cabinets, tables, kitchen equipment, and fixtures in a food service unit
- Cleans garbage cans and disposes of garbage
- Transports dishes, utensils, equipment, supplies to and from proper storage areas; sets up tables, counters, and trays for service; clears tables and transports soiled dishes to kitchen
- Sweeps and dusts food service unit; washes, mops, and scrubs floors and washes walls (as required) in kitchen and serving areas. SERVICE SANITATION SERIES Page 2
- Responsible for maintaining supplies of detergents and other cleaning agents
For more information about this classification:
Food Service Sanitation Laborer positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $15.08 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and exam request form for Food Service Sanitation Laborer. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137, [email protected] .
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Housing Category:7-Service Operations Title:Food Service Sanitation Laborer - University Housing (147755) Open Date:06/04/2021 Close Date:06/28/2021 Organization Name:Housing Division