Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant - University Housing (147759)
Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant
University Housing- Dining Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees at this level prepare and serve beverages and fast-food items and perform other miscellaneous duties in a snack bar/sundry operation. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor. These vacancies may occur in departments across the Urbana-Champaign campus. A Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant typically:
- cooks, prepares and serves meals that require simple preparation methods.
- cooks and packages batches of food, convenience food items for sale such as hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches, chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- oversees and trains student assistants and/or other assigned personnel as required.
- oversees and performs the preparation, portioning, and distribution of items/ingredients for salads, sandwiches, baked goods in accordance to specific instructions.
- requisitions through a supervisor and maintains adequate supplies.
- attends serving line station, maintains beverage stations.
- rotates sundry products on display shelves; maintains stock.
- greets customers, checks ID cards, assist customer, takes food and drink orders; make accept payment for items, use Point of Sale equipment, (cash register) as needed.
For more information about this classification:
Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week), 12 months per year. The minimum stating salary is $14.93 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at http://jobs.illinois.edu/ and exam request form for Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant. Documents such as: college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Housing Category:7-Service Operations Title:Food Court/Snack Bar Attendant - University Housing (147759) Open Date:06/04/2021 Close Date:06/28/2021 Organization Name:Housing Division