Job no: 494045
Work type: Full-time Salaried
Location: Overland Park Main Campus
Categories: Administrative Professional
Human ResourcesPosition Type
Full-time SalariedNumber of openings
This position conducts, coordinates and documents a variety of workplace and college-based investigations of a confidential and sensitive nature. Works collaboratively with others to deliver efficient and systematic resolutions to investigations.
The HR Investigator will:
· Conduct internal investigations on behalf of the college concerning alleged violations of college policy, discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct (Title IX) and other employee relations matters; use appropriate and acceptable standards/methods of investigative practices to complete thorough investigations.
· Perform initial analysis of all complaints; partner with other team members to determine strategy; prepare written investigative reports by reviewing, summarizing, and evaluating relevant information collected during investigations; prepare and maintain logs, completed reports and other documentation; provide information to management as appropriate.
· Stay abreast of changes and trends in rules, regulations, and case law concerning discrimination, harassment, and misconduct based on protected identity in higher education and in the workplace.
· Ensure compliance with timelines; act as an impartial party; maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion; ensure a prompt, fair and neutral process for all parties.
· Provide supportive and protective measures, guidance, and assistance to complainants and respondents.
· Update the electronic complaint reporting system and ensure record keeping throughout the investigation process.
· Assist as needed with accommodations due to disability, religious practices, and pregnancy.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Evening and weekend hours and travel may be required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and 3 years' experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task effectively in a varied, high-volume environment
Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and customers
Experience performing with a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality and trust while projecting a professional and positive image
Demonstrated commitment and ability to meet the needs of a diverse population with a focus on equity and inclusiveness
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize objectives and exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
Ability to respond quickly and constructively to changes or unexpected shifts in priorities
Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including software such as Microsoft Office Suite (such as, but not limited to, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher), on-line systems, and Internet
Master’s degree in Higher Education, Social Work, Counseling, Legal Services, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field
Experience in higher education and/or program planning
Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Hours per Week
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.Salary Grade Level
Competitive rate of payLocation
Overland Park Main CampusDisclosures
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected]
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time