Graduate Certificate Coordinator
Graduate Certificate CoordinatorAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Experience ($39,000 - $44,000)Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pmJob Location:
Agricultural and Human SciencesAbout the Department:
The Department of Youth, Family, and Community Sciences integrates the functions of research, teaching, and extension to advance effective and impactful learning, discovery, translation, application, and engagement. The goal of the Department of Youth, Family, and Community Sciences is to help improve the lives of children and youth, families, and communities.Essential Job Duties:
The Graduate Certificate Coordinator position will assist the Department of Agricultural and Human Sciences with communications, marketing, and multi-media development. Serve as the Certificate Coordinator for the Youth, Family, and Community Sciences certificates.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain department and academic program websites and monitor website analytics.
- Development of multi-media materials (video, website, newsletter) for the department.
- Develop program marketing strategies and associated marketing materials for internal and external audiences.
- Work with faculty to develop departmental content for website and social media, including visual and written information.
- Manage department social media marketing campaigns.
- Assist faculty in instructional design needs for distance courses for the department.
- Assist with departmental reporting, data collection, and analysis of student programming.
- Liaison with CALS Communication, NCSU Communication, DELTA, and other NCSU partners in the dissemination of departmental website, marketing, and communication on behalf of the department, including working with faculty on the creation and dissemination of departmental marketing and communication campaigns, materials, and videos.
- Manage the operational functions of departmental events, including guest speakers, alumni events, recruitment events, and diversity trainings.
- Serve as Coordinator for Graduate Certificate Program in Youth, Family, and Community Sciences (YFCS) Program, including advising certificate students.
- Oversee admissions process for YFCS Graduate Certificate Program and coordinate orientation for new students.
- Coordinate and manage scholarship opportunities for prospective and current students in the department.
- Work with the Director of Graduate Programs to promote internship opportunities and the internship course for YFCS students.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education:
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
Skill and experience in the creation and maintenance of websites, development of multi-media materials, including video, newsletters, social media campaigns.
Proficient in Adobe creative suite, Microsoft Office suite, Word Press, Zoom, and Blackboard/Moodle, or similar softwares.
Experience creating marketing materials.
Ability to development marketing strategies.
Ability to assist with course development and departmental reporting.
Experience with data collection and analysis.
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree and at least one year of related experience.
Background in communications, multi-media, marketing, or related fields.
Familiarity with family science, youth development, or community sciences programs.Required License or Certification:
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
06/04/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Contact Information for References.
Please make sure the work history listed on your application matches the work history provided on your resume.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Public Communication SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $83,965Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
111401 - Agricultural and Human SciencesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.