Program Manager🔍Houston, Texas, West Loop CenterNew📁Managerial & Professional📅21001JH Requisition #📅1 day ago Post Date
Administer/supervise designated program (s); may also supervise program participants and assessing/advising participants. Provide program marketing and recruitment strategies creating/revising program curricula; monitor business/industry trends; partnerships with business, industry, community agencies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist managing program(s) as needed;
- Develop, prepare and execute marketing plans and strategies to promote courses, increase enrollment and improve the program;
- Coordinate program activities which may include: monitoring activities and resources, events, negotiating facility usage and testing;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other HCC offices and departments and external partner entities;
- Collaborate with staff and others as necessary;
- Develop, implement and monitor new program initiatives based on community and business needs and input;
- Compile, review and report statistical program data as required;
- Monitor goals, objectives and outcomes of assigned program and report results;
- May supervise, manage, assess, and evaluate staff and resolve issues as appropriate;
- Identify, recommend and oversee completion of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff as required;
- Assist to identify grant opportunities and special funding proposals and participate in grant proposals for assigned program(s); and
- Actively participate in program and management team initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. EXPERIENCE
Minimum of three (3) years related work experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.The Organization
- Familiar with and sensitive to culturally diverse student populations;
- Proficient in MS Office applications;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to prepare, facilitate and make professional presentations/trainings;
- Able to form effective partnerships and alliances to achieve common goals;
- Able to interact effectively with a diverse student population, multiple communities and public agencies;
- Able to manage complex processes;
- Able to assess training needs;
- Familiar with on-line technologies; and
- Able to be flexible and creative in managing projects and identifying solutions to complex problems.
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees. The Team
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you’ll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We’ll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community. We are currently seeking a Program Manager who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service. The Opportunity
We are looking for a detail-oriented person who can cultivate positive business relationships while ensuring health care program accreditation compliance for the department. In an average day you may spend your morning coordinate advisory board meetings and in the afternoon monitor workforce industry trends. You will work closely with business, industry, community agencies, state and federal agencies, accreditation/ certification agencies, community based organizations, forging partnerships. Location
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
- About 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away. EEO Statement
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional EquityPO Box 667517 Houston TX, 77266713 718.8271 or [email protected]
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University