Senior Office Support Assistant #00025370
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 37022
Hiring Department Registrar's OfficeApplication DeadlineJune 18, 2021Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit-EligibleSalary$15.29/hour - $16.27/hourJob Description
The Registrar’s office is seeking a motivated individual to join our diverse team. The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide administrative support surrounding the schedule of classes for each semester. Specific duties within this include, but not limited to:
- Continuously work directly with academic departments to maintain the schedule of classes to ensure all information is updated and accurate each semester.
- Responsible for coordinating course room assignments each semester utilizing an established process and multiple software systems to ensure maximum utilization of classrooms.
- Develop and maintain a robust understanding of various components of academic courses within the course catalog to accurately update entries while also verifying all potential scheduling effects have been reviewed and will not be impacted.
- Processing of various forms
The selected candidate will need to:
- be able to effectively communicate various processes and procedures to train, clarify, and reinforce standard practices and policies.
- have attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot end user errors within scheduling software is required.
- have the ability to adapt to changing priorities without losing focus on deadline driven projects is needed to be successful in this role.
The individual in this position must possess logic and reasoning skills to successfully schedule the necessary classes and in the most efficient classroom. This includes making decisions based on class capacity and future enrollments to ensure the maximum utilization of classrooms for our campus. This position works with upwards of 2-3 terms of scheduling of classes at one time so attention to detail is imperative. Maintaining accurate and updated class schedule to faculty, staff and students is at the forefront of this position. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time is required to ensure meeting or exceeding all of the deadlines for this position.
This position will give the selected candidate the opportunity to work with faculty, staff and students across campus. This position is exciting and rewarding as you build schedules to help students succeed from their first year to their time at graduation. The preferred candidate will possess great attention to detail, have critical thinking skills, be adept at problem solving, willing to work in a team environment and maintain good working relationships both inside the Registrar's Office and outside with academic departments.
If you are a quick learner, love technology, organized, detail-oriented and have a can-do attitude, then this is a great opportunity to join a great team.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- PeopleSoft experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in higher education, specifically in a Registrar's Office, is preferred.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: