Registered Nurse - 502069
Registered Nurse - 502069
Provides patient assessment, triage, treatment and education in a primary care medical practice serving the students of University of Richmond. Evaluates immunization compliance of students and activates action steps to correct deficiencies.
Clinical Nursing Responsibilities
- Provides patient triage via in-office encounters, telephone and remotely
- Obtains detailed health histories and performs physical assessments on patients
- Evaluates immunization compliance for incoming students and implements action steps to correct deficiencies.
- Treats acute/chronic medical problems, as per physician-approved protocol.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during examinations and treatments
- Performs evaluation of new and existing patients to determine priority and suitability of treatment and/or need for modifications.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies sterile dressings, performs phlebotomy, and monitors vital signs, including TB skin tests, immunizations, allergy and other injections and other treatments, as ordered by the physician.
- Assists patients and caregivers with educational needs, problem resolution, health management, and short-term counseling regarding health-related topics.
- Obtains and prepares specimens for in-house and outpatient lab testing.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records through compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and other local, state, and federal requirements.
- Participates in educational activities related to clinical knowledge and professional skills to maintain current standards of practice/licensure.
- Advocates for awareness, understanding and the diversity and inclusion of all people in Student Health Center facilities, programs and communications while providing a commitment to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Advocates for the educational and cultural benefits of providing diversity and inclusion in the Student Health Center
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Thorough knowledge of:
- patient assessment and triage procedures
- clinical operations and procedures
- appropriate procedures and standards for the administration of medications
- Adolescent and young adult growth and development
- Electronic Health Record
- Minor medical procedures performed in an outpatient setting
- Phlebotomy techniques
- CLIA waived laboratory testing
Demonstrated CPR certification (within 2 weeks of date of hire) and proficiency in use of an AED
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Current RN licensure in good standing in the Commonwealth of Virginia required
- Two years of experience as a practicing RN required
- Active nursing experience in outpatient primary care setting and experience in adolescent medicine/college health preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at University of Richmond
- Full-time, 10-month, exempt position (10 month exempt position (August 1-May 31)
- Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm Evenings/Weekends as needed
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $44,775.00 to $59,325.00 annually)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE