Business Services Senior Professional
Business Services Senior Professional
Executive Vice Chancellor, Administration and Finance Offices
University of Colorado Anschutz Campus
Position Number: 00729914
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education, and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration, innovation and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Administration Hospital. More than 4,700 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 2 million patient-visits annually. This position resides in the executive offices of the campus central services administration offices of the Executive Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance (EVCAF) as a Business Services Senior Professional. The position will provide support to Associate Vice Chancellor of Budget, Planning and Analysis and Vice Chancellor for Information Strategy and Services as well as other members of the executive team as needed. This position supports a highly visible and critical unit of the Anschutz Medical Campus. Essential Duties
- Project management for the two supported positions. Coordinate and facilitate special projects as needed and other global activities as requested. Examples of projects may include but are not limited to: Manage multiple projects which cross Schools and Organizations on the University of Colorado Anschutz Campus. Ability to understand the multiple missions of this campus, the differing duties of these executives and respond to their requests in an accurate and professional manner.Work closely with the counterpart executive assistants throughout the campus, including assisting with events and Board meetings.
- Support campus and system committees and meetings these leaders may have responsibility for. Manage standing meetings, staff high level enterprise meetings and provide concise written documentation of these events, follow-up on outstanding needs, prioritize needs with minimal supervision. Manage and maintain complicated and busy schedules for executives. Work with other units of Campus, Schools, and Affiliates to schedule individual and group meetings.Coordinate complicated travel arrangements and expenditures while maintaining budget and adhering to University and System policies and procedures. Understand and follow policies and procedures, seek training and guidance on new policies and procedures. Assist others in learning processes and procedures in the campus executive leadership offices when necessary.Prepare or edit presentations. Compile data, conduct research and prepare preliminary drafts for various reports, special studies, and surveys; searches various resources to locate and assemble specific information Research historical and policy issues and advise supervisor(s) as needed. Proofread and edit documents as needed. Assure information is well organized and readily accessible. Assure deadlines are met.Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system, both paper and digital, which enables access to historical and current office records, communications-based information in a timely and efficient manner. Assures that documents are properly stored and accessible upon demand. Adheres to University document retention policies. Initiate and recommend changes in procedures as required.Handle sensitive situations and perform a responsible liaison function between the Campus, System, School, Affiliate, senior officials, and others. Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the office.Be familiar with the general activity within the central services administration; provide operational assistance to others; provides additional administrative support for peak work-flow periods, as well as during the vacation and sick absences of EVCAF executive team coworkers.Create, edit, and organize correspondence ranging from individual emails and memos to campus wide email distributions. Coordinates and staff’s executive level standing meeting(s), to include compiling agendas, managing related correspondence and communications, composing minutes for the official record; track committee projects.Compile data and develop reports as requested. Requires ability to perform financial research, compile accurate data and create reports or spreadsheets as requested.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, management, accounting, communications or a related field and 2 years’ experience managing projects in a fast paced, professional environment. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Minimum of two years of experience with day-to-day business and administrative operations.Minimum one-year experience in supporting higher level executivePrior experience in administrative support including scheduling, calendar management, customer service, and effective communication.Strong computer and technology skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- 4 or more years of experience supporting business executives which included managing projects. Experience within an academic and/or medical environment Data management experience including tracking, compiling and developing reports.
- Experience staffing high level meetings including providing concise written documentation.
- Ability to manage business processes and budget. Strong skills in project management and other activities. Communication, organization, and leadership skills with an ability to work with little supervision independently and as a member of a team. Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and in a professional manner with university and school leadership, faculty, staff, residents, students, and the community.High level skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and video conferencing, phone system knowledge and etiquette. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.Able to multi-task with frequent interruptions and adapt to change.Experience in planning, organizing, implementation and coordination of financial, operational and administrative activities.Ability to manage complex, sensitive and confidential information.High degree of professionalism and integrity in relationshipsExceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 18, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing