Business Services Professional
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of PathologyBusiness Services Entry ProfessionalBusiness Services CMOCO LabPosition # 00784909 Requisition #21593
University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pathology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
The position will provide Business Services to the CMOCO Laboratory, a CLIA approved clinical laboratory. The CMOCO Laboratory is dedicated to the development and implementation of predictive, prognostic and diagnostic molecular biomarker testing that will permit selection of cancer treatments with targeted therapy allowing for the best in personalized medicine. Examples of Work Performed:
Accession specimens for molecular testingPerforms required training on, and demonstrated proficiency with multiple laboratory information systemsPerforms routine specimen accessioning for the laboratoryProvide customer service for the laboratory, including but not limited to:Answers phones to respond to queries regarding new testing, in progress testing, or previously performed testingE-mail based communication with clinicians, nurses, and others as neededFaxes final resultsData entry into clinical reportsPerforms manual entry of laboratory results into reports for pathologist reviewPerforms required training on, and demonstrated proficiency with multiple laboratory information systems Administrative case finalizationFollowing case release by attending, the candidate will be involved in all necessary components of post-case administrative finalization, including returning materials to archive, completion of billing documentation for pathologist signature, case scanning for archiveFiling of documentation and pathology materialsAssist in administrative functions for laboratory facultyCoordinate arrangements for meetings, conferences, or travelReviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to management; handles routine correspondence and prepares appropriate responsesComposes and distributes meeting agenda and minutesEstablishes procedures and systems to ensure orderly and timely flow of operationsHandles logistics for meetings and special events
- Specimen referral coordination:
- Procures pathology materials from outside institutions based on clinical orders for testing, including, but not limited to faxing requests and performing phone follow-up for timely receipt of specimens
- Procures pathology materials from internal archives, using proper laboratory procedures for documentation
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $ $40,916 to $61,374.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline.Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to…
Lift, push, and/or pull up to 20 lbs.Work in an environment that may expose you to fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, extreme cold, blood/body fluids, and infectious disease.Frequently wash your hands, as biohazardous materials may be present.Sit and stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, and bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions.Work with complex and sharp laboratory equipment, and various chemical and biological solutions.Wear appropriate safety equipment when handling biological samples and hazardous chemicals.Work within a high-level secured facility.Preferred Qualifications:
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- Two (2) years’ of experience in an administrative role.
- Experience calculating lab results and data using math and analytical skills.
- Experience using MS Word and Excel. Preferred experience will include developing reports, spreadsheets, and databases using the mentioned software programs.
- Experience entering data into an electronic system other than MS Office products.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, human anatomy, and physiology.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism, resourcefulness, tact, and diplomacy are essential.
- Ability to organize workload and file correctly by alphabetical and numerical order.Self-starter that demonstrates the ability to work individually with minimal supervision as well as part of a team of technologists, show proficiency at solving complex problems, and exhibit excellent computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds which also includes experience working with students, staff, and faculty, within a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
- Ability to understand complex rules, workflows, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to listen and follow precise protocols and written instructions.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate and meet multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and security compliance requirements.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 4, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University