Senior HR Business Partner
DescriptionDepartment of MedicineDivision of Gastroenterology and HepatologySenior HR Business Partner (Human Resources Senior Professional)Position Number: 00691278 – Requisition #21585
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Human Resources Business Partner position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado’s Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in the Department of Medicine, located at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is an internationally renowned program digestive tract, pancreas and liver. The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology has faculty and staff making contributions to research, clinical trials, and nationally recognized patient care. Gastroenterology & GI Surgery is one of the top ranked in the United States and our clinical partner, the University of Colorado Hospital, and is in the top hospitals nationwide as ranked by U.S. News and World Report. The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is rapidly growing, with clinical practices throughout the state of Colorado and over 80 researchers, physicians and staff, all working toward its vision to prevent and treat disease while being a global model for patient care delivery, interdisciplinary research, and trainingNature of Work
The Senior HR Business Partner is directly responsible the management of human capital in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. This position provides advice and guidance to managers and employees, manages strategic planning and analysis, maintains compliance with policies and laws, manages performance and leave, and is responsible for the administration of multiple areas of human resources, including employee training and development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, and maintaining employee records. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to the field of Human Resources. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level.Examples of Work PerformedEssential Human Resources Functions (50%)
Talent Acquisition and Employee Performance (30%)
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Human Resources for the Division
- Counsels division employees on HR policies and procedures
- Collaborates with Division Administrator to develop and maintain a streamlined Human Resources system.
- Understands and adheres to all University Human Resources and Employee Services policies and procedures; remains up-to-date on any changes to policies and procedures.
- Manages employee leave, including FML
- Manages the promotions process for all divisions faculty and assists with the completion of promotion dossiers
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for all human resources processes, including all HCM, CU Careers, and Smartsheet processes and procedures.
Manages and takes responsibilitiy for the hiring and onboarding processes for new employeesEstablish programs that strengthen the talent pipeline, including the implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives. Develops strategies for employee retentionManages the employee performance appraisal processPartners with Campus HR for employee relationsMaintains personnel filesManages the offboarding process for exiting employeesOrganization Development and Effectiveness (15%)
- Manages the talent acquisition process for the division, including:
- Developing and posting position descriptions
- Managing job posting in CU Careers
- Screens applicants for minimun qualifications
- Schedules interviews on behalf of the division
- Ensures search processes are fair and equitable
Assist with long- and short-term strategic planning, ensuring that new programs and initiatives are consistent with the clinical, research and academic missions of the University.Encourage and embrace a culture of effective change and innovationOther Duties (5%)
- Counsels division leadership on organization development frameworks and tools that support division growth
- Subject matter expert in the areas of organization effectiveness, change management, employee engagement, and organizational health.
- In accordance with the Division Administrator, builds best practices and training materials on the search process
- Manages organizational development initiatives, including the design, development, and delivery of programs that:
- Improve performance management systems and practices.
- Assess current state of individuals and systems to determine where and how we can improve to help our people and organization function better
- Utilize data and research, in combination with behavioral science, to improve the effectiveness of the organization.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time, based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
- Completes annual WebSpace and capital inventory submission.
- Independently manage all phases of special projects assigned by Division Administrator.
- Professional development as needed and/or required for certification maintenance.
- Other Human Resources duties as assigned.
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $49,963 - $66,951 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years’ experience in human resources
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in a human resources consulting role
- Experience in higher education or an academic medical environment
- Experience with Organization Development
- Human Resources Certification
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jun 3, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University