Senior Instructor - Epperson Lab and Women's Behavioral Health and Wellness
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.**Open to current CU Employees Only** The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.In 2019, Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD. Dr. Epperson is expanding existing programs and launching new initiatives within the growing Department and through clinical, research and training collaborations across the Anschutz Medical Campus. Department of Psychiatry Diversity Equity Inclusion Information: The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to hold the Department of Psychiatry’s faculty, staff, and trainees accountable for promoting a culture of inclusive excellence and respect. We are committed to continuous education, sustaining cultural humility, and action related to DEI topics including systematic review of policies and procedures to ensure they are in alignment with the Department of Psychiatry DEI mission and vision. https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/psychiatry/dei/mission-statement-and-vision Professional FieldPsychologyPosition DescriptionThis faculty position at the rank of Senior Instructor will include 50% research in the lab of Dr. Neill Epperson and 50% clinical work within the Women’s Behavioral Health and Wellness Service Line. Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:Epperson Lab
- Develop knowledge base related to sex and gender differences in women across the life span including developmental psychobiology, stress regulatory systems and neuroendocrinology
- Specific focus will be on preventive interventions for at-risk women that target processes associated with vulnerability such as adverse childhood events for depression during critical periods of transition and hormonal change, including the premenstrum, peripartum and perimenopause
- Behavioral health assessment and treatment for women coping with psychological, physical and psychosocial aspects of:
- reproductive challenges such as infertility, pregnancy complications and loss, neonatal death, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, early menopause, infertility after cancer, etc.
- hormonal changes, depression, anxiety, sleep and sexual concerns associated with PMDD, PCOS, menopause and medical treatments for breast cancer, gynecological, colon and other cancers.
- chronic physical conditions.
- Behavioral health strategies to facilitate resilience and reduce physical and psychological symptoms associated with illness and treatment(s).
- Behavioral health techniques to prepare women for invasive diagnostic, treatment and prevention procedures.
- Provide consultation for common behavioral health questions from UC Health/CU Med women’s health providers, and facilitate referrals for psychiatric medications and additional health, behavioral health and community services.
- Lead group visits and provide psychoeducational workshops on women’s health and behavioral health issues.
- Provide behavioral health interventions using telepsychology.
- Develop health promotion/disease prevention and psychosocial interventions for women.
- Supervise behavioral health trainees (e.g., Clinical health Psychology post-doctoral fellows, psychology externs and other health and behavioral health professions trainees as needed).
- Participate in quality improvement, outcome studies and practice transformation of women’s behavioral health services.
- Senior Instructor: 1-3 years of related clinical and research experience. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA or CPA accredited program with an APA or APPIC approved pre-doctoral internship.Completed post-doctoral fellowship. Eligible for licensure or a licensed Psychologist in Colorado.Ability to obtain and maintain credentialing through the University of Colorado Health system.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Training and experience in health psychology, women’s health and mental health.
- Experience on integrated teams in primary and/or specialty medical settings that promotes an inclusive environment.
- Interest in developing a collaborative program of research in women’s health and mental health.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, students, alumni, industry and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution. Demonstrate sensitivity to the special needs of all patients, families and colleagues with respect to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, gender, gender identity, ability status, religion, political beliefs, socioeconomic status and any other factors related to systemic oppression.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge regarding clinical research regulations and principals of ethical conduct.
- Strong commitment to inter-professional, team-based care in psychiatry and both primary and specialty health settings.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing