UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
HSC-HSC Health Geriatrics-345500Job Location:
Fort WorthSalary Information:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
HSC Health has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center.
-Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
-By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
-By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
-Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The vision of HSC Health is: “To be the healthcare provider of choice”Position Overview:
The Geriatrics Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for ensuring all patient care duties are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with standards of care, JCAHO, and University policies.Minimum Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience. Requires graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical/Professional Knowledge & Skills – Demonstrates basic skills and knowledge of the job; maintains and enhances clinical skills and knowledge on a regular basis; keeps up with current developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
- Team Skills – Seeks opportunities to accept ideas and help from co-workers to accomplish work goals; ensures smooth transition of important Patient care information from one caregiver or
department to another; is willing to share credit; appreciates differences in personalities; shows empathy; has a sense of humor and is willing to laugh at self.
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail – Consistently produces thorough and timely work; is very attentive to details; asks questions to accurately document Patient information and update records; shows concern for every aspect of the job; ensures excellent communication and follow-up.
- Respect for Standard – Understands and respects the need for structured guidelines and protocols, but is willing to ask for clarification if something doesn’t make sense and could cause harm to a Patient or result in less than an excellent level of care; demonstrates compliance with required standards.
- Customer Focus – Continually searches for ways to provide value-added solutions to customers; understands and anticipates customer’s needs and keeps customer’s needs in mind when making decisions; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; solicits customer feedback to ensure
satisfaction with product, service and/or relationship; uses patient’s name and respects needs of different age groups
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Medical Assistant IIPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicateo:
Ensures patient flowo:
Takes vital signso:
Assists in procedureso:
Obtains lab specimens as ordered (blood or urine)o:
Completes lab slipso:
Monitors lab resultso:
Assists front desk with patient check-in when neededo:
Other duties as assignedPosting Number:
S1629PQuicklink for Posting: