Food Service Manager
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Food Service ManagerDepartment:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is “in”! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms – no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen’s chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in-house and nationally branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview:
Responsible for food quality, customer service and general management of or any area of operation assigned in Retail Dining or Catering – Retail Operations includes national branded concepts, in-house formats & signature designs. Responsible for customer satisfaction and retention. Implements business practices in order to uphold Dining and UNT mission and values as well as National branded. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. This includes but is not limited to all cash handling responsibilities, proper closing of all branding operations, securing of all product, equipment and other assets in Retail Dining Services areas.Minimum Qualifications:
Associate’s Degree in related field and two years of experience in food service management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of food preparation and food service management in a large food service unit, employee health, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitation requirements, hazards to human life and health that can occur from improper food preservation and service, kitchen equipment, kitchen implements, and advanced food preparation and processing procedures.
• Skill in the preparation and service of food, and service etiquette.
• Skill in training, supervising, and evaluating the work of subordinates.
• Ability to maintain time and cash receipts records.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
• Rigidity with compliance to documented service and production standards.
• Ability to identify and seek help when needed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
Two years of supervisory experience.
Great work ethic.
Eager to excel and grow with our exciting Retail Dining operations.
Hours may varyDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Food Service Managero:
1. Reports to work every day for scheduled shift.o:
1. Maintains excellent grooming and overall appearance. Comes to work in uniform each day without exception. Wears nametag.o:
2. FT and PT Staff are in proper uniform Without Exceptions. Uniforms are clean and maintained. Employees wear name tag.o:
1. Personally accepts responsibility for unit operations; does not blame others or circumstances for mistakes or failures.o:
2. Consistently enforces work standards and rules. Follows up to guarantee to ensure all assigned task were complete correctly.o:
3. Takes appropriate action with employees for poor performance or work rule violation.o:
4. Appoints a subordinate to be in charge when away from the job. Coaches subordinate supervisors regarding production and service expectations.o:
5. Takes quick action to correct substandard conditions poor merchandising, poor food
preparation, poor sanitation, unsafe working conditions.
6. Keeps boss informed.o:
7. Meets with staff daily covering meal production, daily operational reviews. Holds weekly meetings to convey pertinent information for full time staff.o:
1. Recognizes that our department has enormous influence over how UNT is perceived by students, visitors, faculty and staff. Takes necessary action to ensure Retail always presents UNT in the best possible light.o:
2. Through tone of voice, facial expression, choice of words and body language, always communicates in a positive manner to the work life of the department and University.o:
1. Efficiently schedules own time and activities; guarantees that supervisors have a running “to do” lists to keep all employees productive while on the clock.o:
2. Manages all full-time staff (FSW I, FSW II, and FSS II) scheduling to guarantee no more than a 40 hour work week; approves in advance any extra comp time earned . Schedule to $50.00 in retail sales per labor hour.o:
3. Is flexible with staffing in the event that Catering needs assistance; even if this causes shortages in your own unit.o:
4. Creates and post schedules into W2W and post in each area of operation each week.o:
1. Is in food safety compliance 100% of the time. Scores 95% or above on monthly health inspections.o:
2. Ensures that all FT and PT Staff follow all HACCP procedures in Retail Dining .Posting Number:
S2134PQuicklink for Posting: