Associate Chair for Systems Integration (75396)
Jun 3, 2021
UF Health Anesthesiology is seeking an Associate Chair for Systems Integration to lead its regional hospital, community anesthesia practices. This leadership opportunity will report directly to the Department Chair in a dyad partnership with regional hospital leadership and will be responsible for the oversight of the site facility medical directors at Leesburg Hospital, the Villages Hospital, Deltona Medical Center, and the Halifax Health system.
As Associate Chair for Systems Integration, you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships, impacting clinical strategies and workflows that promote best practices, patient satisfaction and improve value-based healthcare delivery. You will oversee the administrative aspects of multiple hospitals. You will have direct oversight and will be responsible for ensuring that site Medical Directors and Chief CRNAs are meeting their duties and responsibilities of their leadership roles.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assuring that Medical Directors are involved in hospital general medical staff meetings, participate in hospital committees, produce appropriate reports, hold monthly or bi-weekly meetings with hospital leadership, etc.
- Provide appropriate reports, metrics, and documentation on a monthly basis to Department Chair and hospital leadership.
- Assist in and assure production and delivery of a annual Medical Director report.
- Schedule and direct monthly or quarterly hospital system meetings with system executive team members.
- Oversee and participate in as needed basis with the Medical Director to recruit and ensure the sites are fully staffed.
- Work effectively as a key team member in Patient Safety and Value Add/Solution delivery
- Liaise with local hospital C-suite officers, peri-operative leaders, IT, and UF leadership
Academic rank and track will be awarded based upon the career stage and development of the candidate.
- Medical degree (MD or DO) required
- Board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Credentials and ability to obtain a State of Florida medical license
- Strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate data and create improvement plans
- Related Master’s (e.g., MBA/MHA/MS) degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
Applicants should include a curriculum vitae. Applicants may attach optional cover letter and three letters of recommendation or a list of three references to be considered.
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting as soon as possible after the posting date.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.