Job no: 516941
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Information Systems/Technology
Department:50010000 - AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
Graphic Designer IJob Description:
Reporting to the Art Director, the Graphic Designer is responsible for graphic design and the creation and production of print and digital communications and marketing materials for UF Advancement. The incumbent will serve as a strategic resource to develop graphic design in alignment with UFA branding that inspires philanthropic support of UF.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, plan and execute the design and production of print publications, web and electronic communications, brochures, fliers, posters, postcards, stationery and invitations, email, video, video books and a variety of other print and digital materials to support fundraising and alumni relations.
- Coordinate printing and other projects, as necessary, with outside vendors.
- Graphic design responsibilities include page layout, typography, photo editing and digital image manipulation, basic illustration and prepress file preparation.
- Digital and multimedia design responsibilities include creating email communications, presentations, web pages, video and other electronic communications. Incumbent will closely with writers, editors, photographers, videographers, designers and others to plan and execute communications and marketing materials.
- In collaboration with the Creative Services team, provide creative and artistic direction on graphic design concepts, techniques and processes that promote the university's desired brand image and achieve project goals.
- Assist in reviewing graphic materials to assess their validity and appropriateness for our brand.
- Assist in maintaining graphic consistency across all deliverables.
- Assist in developing artistic concepts and mockups.
Creative Services Support
- In collaboration with the Creative Services team, provides creative and artistic direction on graphic design concepts, techniques and processes that promote the university's desired brand image and achieve project goals.
- Provide consultation with clients to identify upcoming graphics needs in order to help with planning, determine communications concepts and designs, and develops strategic, long-term marketing themes and templates to communicate with key constituents, allowing for sufficient and appropriate time for project development, and keeping time-sensitive projects on deadline.
- Assist in delegating projects to our in-house team of designers, external vendors and campus partners.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and vendors.
- Serve as a design resource to develop special graphics and other visually-oriented services for departments within UF Advancement.
- Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet objectives as determined by strategic plans and goals.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, three references, and portfolio sample.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time