Assistant Director, Compliance and Ethics
Job no: 516953
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Law/Enforcement/Compliance
Department:22020000 - GN-UNIVERSITY COMPLIANCE
Assistant Director, Compliance and EthicsJob Description:
Youth Compliance Program:
- Serve as university’s subject matter expert for youth compliance;
- Implement and oversee the university’s youth compliance program for all university-affiliated programs and events involving minors;
- Draft policies, procedures, and guidance related to youth compliance and protections;
- Collaborate with the University Athletic Association, UF IFAS 4H, Student Affairs, Housing, and other key stakeholders to ensure compliance with federal, state, and university youth protection requirements;
- Develop and implement a monitoring program for youth compliance activities; and
- Conduct education and outreach activities, including maintaining the youth compliance website and providing virtual and in-person training.
Compliance Risk Assessments and Monitoring:
- Implement and oversee an institutional compliance risk assessment process to enhance strategic compliance oversight and monitoring;
- Perform regular compliance risk assessments to identify and prioritize high-risk compliance areas, and collaborate with risk owners to address and mitigate risks;
- Leverage the enterprise risk management program and UF Internal Audit’s risk efforts to inform the compliance risk assessment process, streamline risk assessment across the university, and assist risk owners in managing risks; and
- Implement and oversee a monitoring program in coordination with university compliance partners to gain assurance across high-risk compliance areas.
Compliance and Ethics Program Support:
- Assist the CCO with the development, oversight, and implementation of the institutional compliance and ethics program;
- Provide regular updates and presentation materials to the CCO for inclusion in reports for university leadership, the Board of Trustees, and the Board of Governors;
- Develop internal policies and procedures, and partner with other units in the development of institutional policies and procedures;
- Address inquiries, hotline complaints, and other matters within the scope of the institutional compliance and ethics program;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the institutional compliance program, including participation in regular program self-assessment and external reviews; and
- Assist with day-to-day management of the UF Compliance and Ethics office, including direct supervision of compliance specialists and administrative staff.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape within higher education compliance and ethics and continuously expand subject-matter expertise;
- Participate in relevant compliance and ethics organizations, including attending meetings and conferences, participating in work groups, engaging in speaking opportunities, or performing other related activities; and
- Evaluate emerging compliance trends and make recommendations to the CCO for implementing best practices to support the continuous improvement of the university’s program.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP), or certification within 1 year of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Compliance or legal experience within an institution of higher education or an academic medical center;
- Strong organizational, communication, strategic planning, and project management skills;
- Extensive knowledge of compliance principles, terminology, and regulatory requirements that impact universities and academic medical centers;
- A proven record of excellence in customer service, integrity, teamwork, and collaboration;
- Ability to translate complex legal requirements into understandable and meaningful terms within the context of higher education;
- Prior experience in audit or investigations; and
- Computing skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and basic website maintenance.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time