Administrative Specialist I
Job no: 516939
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:51030000 - SVPADM-OFFICE OF ADA/TITLE IX
Administrative Specialist IJob Description:
The Office of Accessibility & Gender Equity seeks a professional with an interest in providing equity, justice and inclusivity to members of the UF community. This position is vital to the operation of a new and expanding office that is responsible for addressing sexual and gender-based harassment and ensuring equal access to University programs and activities. The chosen candidate will provide administrative and project support for the office as well as front-line assistance to students, staff, faculty and others whom the office serves. The administrative specialist will routinely provide the first positive impression of the office to members and guests of the UF community seeking help or guidance with sensitive matters. Therefore, this individual must demonstrate a professional, supportive and caring demeanor, exercise sound independent judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion. This is an outstanding opportunity to support and learn from the Assistant Vice President and be an integral member of a team that helps UF maintain a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Specific duties include:
- Managing client database, recording and updating case information, and monitoring for outstanding issues.
- Maintaining electronic calendars for the office and providing updates/reminders, scheduling/confirming meetings, interviews, training, etc. and preparing associated materials.
- Providing operational support, including submitting equipment and work order requests, ordering office supplies, arranging travel, documenting expenditures, assisting with budget oversight, etc.
- Producing and presenting routine reports and developing special reports to address specific needs/requests.
- Receiving, responding to, and referring inquiries from walk-ins, phone calls, emails and web-based notifications.
- Providing general input and assistance regarding policies, procedures and services; assisting with follow-up issues as necessary.
- Drafting and distributing confidential letters and other operational information as directed.
- Assisting in website maintenance and content editing.
- Managing ePAF's, hiring requisitions, and onboarding of new staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Assisting with special assignments and projects as directed, such as conducing research, developing surveys, producing charts and other training materials.
$16.25 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 3 or more years of administrative office management
- Interest in and commitment to equity, accessibility and inclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor and demonstrated customer service focus, sound judgment, sensitivity and respect for others
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Salesforce, Adobe, websites and databases
- Interested in and comfortable learning new technical skills
- Adept at managing multiple tasks/projects, taking direction and seeking guidance when necessary
- Experience working in a new and growing office environment
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time