May 20, 2021
The Huang Lab aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of liver cancer development associated with alcoholic liver diseases and non-alcoholic liver diseases. We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral fellow who is enthusiastic about liver research.
The successful candidate who is a recent PhD graduate will be expected to conduct original research using cells and mouse models to study the molecular mechanisms of disease progression. The successful candidate will be expected to publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and present at national meetings. Preference will be given to those who have substantial experience in animal research and cancer as well as knowledge in molecular biology.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementation and analysis of advanced scientific research projects
- Interpretation of data; statistical and data analysis
- Advises and assists with experimental design and execution
- Collaborates with faculty and other researchers
- Participates in the preparation and writing of grant applications and reports and co-authors scientific research manuscripts
- Operates and maintains a variety of scientific instrumentation which is essential to conducting the appropriate laboratory work
- Employs safety measures in working with hazardous chemicals, laboratory animals, etc.
- Performs proper recording of procedures related to research studies in the laboratory and for the systematic organization of experimental
- Performs other duties as required
Ph.D. required. We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral fellow who is enthusiastic about liver research.