Academic Concierge l
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
Job TitleAcademic Concierge lAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentVP Student Access and SuccessProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Academic Concierge, as a member of the Student Success Team, serves as a student’s connection to the A&M Commerce Community, through the embedded Student Success Centers in each of the University Colleges. Working collaboratively with academic advising and financial aid, the Academic Concierge is responsible for providing an unparalleled level of service and support to students that promotes student success. The Academic Concierge facilitates an interactive process that empowers students to meet academic goals and identify and overcome challenges to create a path to success at the university.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides accurate information and assistance to students in order to promote persistence, retention and completion, while ensuring timely follow up with any inquiry from students requiring handoff to university constituents.
- Works collaboratively with the student success team, faculty and campus partners in order to improve persistence, retention and completion.
- Utilizes predictive analytics to made data-informed decisions and drive initiatives to promote student success.
- Monitors and tracks the retention, persistence and completion of students.
- Establish and review daily reports to effectively increase persistence, retention and completion.
- Provide creative approaches to increase student success.
- Ensures that students have access as necessary to available university services that support persistence, retention and completion.
- Helps students navigate university policy and process in order to facilitate problem solving relating to academic, financial, and other concerns that may prevent retention, persistence and completion.
- Ability to own student issues that impact student success until they are fully resolved, while keeping students informed during the process.
- Proficiency with university computer and data systems in order to collect, interpret and report on information that drives initiatives to improve persistence, retention and completion.
- Completely understands university policy and procedure and how it affects students, with ability to communicate policy and procedure to in a way that is understandable to all constituents.
- Maintains a working relationship with faculty and staff sufficient to provide accurate and up-to- date information for students.
- Accountable for goals established for student outreach, response and problem resolution.
- Accountable for effectiveness or campaigns and initiatives that promote student success.
- Manages confidential and computerized student information.
- Ability to be attentive, punctual, and reliable while maintaining significant professional interaction with students.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience: Zero (0) years related experience.
- Knowledge / Skills: Demonstrated understanding of student success with a sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse cultures required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills with interest and aptitude in working with students. Excellent oral and written communications skills necessary. Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Some work on weekends or after normal business hours as needed. Ability to spend significant time communicating via telephone, text, email and other means.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in related field. Comprehensive knowledge of the institution, its programs, academic requirements, majors and student services and computer application skills helpful. Ability to interpret trends in data and respond to those trends with a proactive approach. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse populate in both easy and difficult situations.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student Workers, Graduate Assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.