Head Softball Coach
Head Softball CoachTracking Code752-674 Job Description
The Head Women's Softball Coach will direct all phases of a competitive NCAA Division I softball program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a high standard of excellence which includes proven success recruiting academically eligible student-athletes and the development of the team/players; coaching; supervision of staff; management of the program budget; scheduling of contests; and public relations.
- Ensuring that all duties are executed in compliance with NCAA, conference and university rules and regulation.
- Full-time 12-month non-tenure appointment.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a credit and criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Sarah Pruess, Executive Associate Athletic Director
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Head coaching experience.
- Collegiate softball coaching experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in recruitment of student-athletes.
- Supervision of staff and budget management.
- Commitment to promoting an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to achieving high student-athlete retention and graduation rates.
- Demonstrated fundraising, promotion and public relations experience.
- Effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.