Clinical Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Clinical Assistant Professor of Counselor EducationRequisition:
Clinical Assistant ProfessorFLSA status:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Position Type:
Interim Full TimeCollege:
College of EducationDepartment:
Dept of Counselor EducationOpen Date:
Dr. Seth OlsonTitle:
Department of Counselor Education
Huntsville, TX 77341
The Department of Counselor Education seeks a Clinical Assistant Professor in Counselor Education to teach graduate courses in the Counselor Education department.
This is a non-tenure track, 9-month appointment. Renewal of this appointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance, departmental needs, and funding availability.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Teaching graduate courses in the Counselor Education department with emphasis on clinical courses;
• Utilizing technology which will include online teaching;
• Advising and supervising graduate level counselor education students;
• Participating in professional, department, college, and university service.
• Earned doctorate from a CACREP accredited program in Counselor Education
• Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas
• Fluency in both Spanish and English
• Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor in Texas
• Successful teaching experience in higher education, utilizing distance and in-person delivery systems
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.Open Until Filled:
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.