Coordinator for Student-Athlete Development
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-04
Title:1482-NN - Student Services Coordinator/Advisor 2
Business Title:Coordinator for Student-Athlete Development
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
As a member of the Washington State University Athletic Department team, you have the opportunity to serve over 450 student-athletes and 17 athletic programs. Washington State University (WSU) is Washington’s land-grant university with campuses located statewide in Everett, Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Vancouver. As one of the nation’s top public research institutions, WSU conducts research that improves the lives of people in the state of Washington, the United States, and across the globe.
WSU is located in the college town of Pullman, situated in the picturesque Palouse. The region offers countless activities to explore the beauty of our state and the inland Northwest.
The mission of Washington State Athletics is to unleash excellence. We provide a transformational student-athlete experience, while elevating Washington State University through competitive excellence, campus collaboration, and community engagement.
Our core values represent passion, resiliency, integrity, diversity & inclusion, and excellence. WSU Athletics is committed to serving our student-athletes and representing our university on a national platform by competing in the Pac-12 Conference.
Benefits at WSU include comprehensive and competitive packages and the department provides a support structure for professional growth and development.
Together, we will achieve what was once defined as impossible. Go Cougs!
Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Athletics for Student-Athlete Development, this position is responsible for the coordination of career, leadership, and personal development programs for student-athletes. The position provides career counseling and advising to student-athletes. In addition, this position coordinates first year transitioning programs for student-athletes.
- Positions require a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional work experience in student services or related education/experience. Experience leading or directing the work of others. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
- Must have, or be able to obtain at time of hire, a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Experience in the student-athlete development area assisting student-athletes with career exploration, career development, and the transitions of a student-athlete.
- Experience facilitating educational workshops to students.
- Demonstrated successful experience with program development and implementation and the ability to initiate and complete projects independently with specific deadlines.
- Ability to work with students, coaches and administrators in a broad range of situations.
- Demonstrated computer background with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, career searching software, and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with a diverse population and understanding of multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated work experience with evidence of strong organizational, time management, communication, and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and problem-solving skills in an athletics department setting.
- Experience that demonstrates genuine concern and interest for welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the following NCAA rules and regulations, career development trends, and campus and community resources and support systems.
Area/College: Washington State Athletics
Department Name: Student-Athlete Development and Wellbeing
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Department Link: https://wsucougars.com/
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: June 18th, 2021
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.