Public Relations Coordinator
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Relations Coordinator. The Public Relations Coordinator will support the Marketing and Communication department through content creation including editorial, social media and multimedia. The ideal candidate must have social media experience, basic photography skills, a passion for storytelling and a finger on the pulse of creative trends. The position reports to the Public Relations Director, who oversees university-wide media relations and events, and assists all areas of the Marketing and Communication department to tell the Lynn University story and communicate university information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist public relations activities including media relations, university events and news writing
- Support development and execution of the university social media calendar
- Assist with multimedia production and coordination
- Advise on creative trends for social media
- Advise and support departmental social media campaigns
- Cover campus events with visual and written stories (weekend/evenings may be required)
- Lead the university-wide headshot project and Lynn People stories
- Contribute written and visual content for lynn.edu and campus digital display screens
- Contribute to ongoing maintenance of photography database
- Maintain an up-to-date list of missing photography and b-roll opportunities
- 1-3 years of experience; and/or relevant coursework
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; AP Style writing, a plus
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Understanding of social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Apple products
- Experience in social media and project management tools such as Hootsuite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.