Associate Vice President for Student Engagement & Diversity
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-04
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management is seeking an Associate Vice President for Student Engagement & Diversity.
The Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (AVP) serves as a member of the Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Leadership Team (SAEM). The AVP is an advocate for Florida Atlantic University students and helps lead efforts to provide a campus climate that fosters student success, personal development and integrated student learning experiences. In addition, the AVP assists the Vice President for Student Affairs in implementing continuous improvement efforts, goal setting, strategic plans, assessment and professional development programs within the Division of Student Affairs and consistent with the university's goals and mission.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Vice President in the planning, administration, and leadership of the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
- Provide leadership, supervision, direction and support division-wide in functional areas which may include inclusion, diversity education and advocacy, student government, student activities & involvement, leadership and service, first generation student success, and student media across FAUs campuses.
- Provide budget oversight to a $10 million dollar budget related to activity & service fees.
- Responsible for the management of 400+ student organizations and advisers in compliance with university regulation 4.006.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the divisional efforts in the university's efforts to become and/or maintain classifications including Community Engagement institution through the Carnegie Foundation, First Forward Institution through NASPA, etc.
- Provide leadership to the diversity strategic platform through the university's diversity council. The Diversity Council was formed to help identify, promote and build institutional cross-cultural competencies giving our students, faculty and staff more opportunities to enhance and diversify their professional and personal world-view enriching their intellect, knowledge and understanding of their own culture, global cultural (historic) trends, including economic and political movements.
- Collaborate toward research and grant submissions with leadership across the institution.
- Serves as a strong proponent for student learning and success by promoting University & Division learning outcomes and program assessment.
- Foster collaboration between student affairs and academic affairs to provide program and services that support student success.
- Develop and manage assigned budgets.
- Maintain appropriate departmental correspondence and records.
- Work closely with the VPSAEM on any task required for the efficient functioning of the Student Affairs office.
- Serve as a representative of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management at various functions on campus and in the community.
- Serve as a member of University and Student Affairs & Enrollment Management committees, as appointed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$125,000 - $140,000College or Department:Student Affairs & Enrollment ManagementLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.Application Deadline: 2021-06-20-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This position will repost until filled.