Assistant Director of Information Technology
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Institutional Advancement is seeking an Assistant Director of Information Technology.
The Assistant Director of Information Technology oversees the daily operation of the Institutional Advancement database, Raiser’s Edge (RE) database view (Classic) and web view (NXT), which tracks contributions, alumni, donor, and prospect information. The Assistant Director ensures the accuracy and integrity of the database, including data input and output, technology management, and end-user support. The Assistant Director provides support to the foundation, alumni, development staff, colleges, and units, by assisting with the creation of reports, ensuring that advancement staff is equipped with the proper tools to effectively utilize the database, developing and implementing policies to guide data entry and output, making sure that the database effectively captures alumni and donor information, and generates accurate financial and analytical reports.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage all forms of data input and output to ensure data integrity.
- Establish and manage authorization and data access controls to ensure data security.
- Ensure a stable database by appropriately implementing data updates, system upgrades, system releases, patches, fixes, plug-ins, and any other updates necessary.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Develop and manage audit processes and exception reporting to ensure data integrity.
- Build collaborative relationships with advancement and university staff to develop an efficient process for strategic and effective use of data.
- Manage Raiser’s Edge Database Classic and Web View.
- Establish, communicate, and reinforce industry and institution best practices.
- Review and maintain processes and documentation.
- Partner with stakeholders to solve problems efficiently through data and technology.
- Provide regular training opportunities based on user roles.
- Serve as first point of contact for Advancement staff with questions about or problems with the use of the database and serve as the liaison to vendors and technology services for troubleshooting issues.
Business Process Improvement
- Create a data integrity and management strategy to continually improve data quality and implement associated metrics.
Experience with Active Campaign, Omatic, Workday, and SkyAPI preferred.Salary:$55,000 - $70,000College or Department:Institutional AdvancementLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-06-17-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.