Part-Time CLEP Test Administrator/Proctor
Department:: Testing Center
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Jun 4, 2021
Closes:: Jun 18, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 131861
POSITION: Part Time CLEP Test Administrator/Proctor: Staff Assistant; Testing Services; 8 hours per week; most testing is scheduled Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. but occasional evenings and Saturday's are required; MCCC unit professional position; Haverhill Campus.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position reports directly to the Dean of Enrollment Services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the general supervision of the Coordinator of Academic Placement & Testing, administer and track CLEP/DSST testing at the Haverhill Campus.
- Serve as a certified CLEP/DSST Examiner; assist candidates in registering for test prep and in-person testing, proctor CLEP/DSST exams, answer phones, field questions, and refer testing candidates to appropriate next steps.
- Proctor CLEP/DSST testing, including testing that requires special accommodations.
- Must be able to communicate clear instructions and information to a wide variety of examinees and assist in determining student's readiness to schedule an exam.
- Communicate changes in test schedule, provide ongoing updates to examinees.
- Proctor, report irregularities to ETS and Prometric and communicate directly with them for guidance and support during test sessions.
- Under the guidance of the Coordinator, work to insure absolute integrity of CLEP/DSST testing practices as well as privacy of testing candidates and provide appropriate record keeping Assist the Coordinator with outreach as necessary.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere and clear, encouraging information to diverse population for all testing services.
- Perform other related office duties; maintain and file CLEP/DSST materials such as registrations, reports, test results and official transcripts.
- Answer telephone calls and provide routine information for all testing services and for CLEP/DSST agencies; ETS and Prometric. Collect standardized forms for CLEP/DSST testing services, receive and distribute paper and electronic correspondence, retrieve records from files for CLEP/DSST testing services, the ETS CLEP portal and the DSST Prometric portal.
- Transfer test information to spreadsheets according to guidelines.
- Must be comfortable using standard office equipment, troubleshooting sudden technical issues and performing light office duties such as mailings.
- This position requires flexibility in scheduling since hours will be determined based on testing demand and may vary.
- The Classification Specifications can be found at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specsmccc/Staff Assistant - HB 1160.doc
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel and Access required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to demonstrate patience, sensitivity and a customer-service friendly attitude to first time college students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills as well as the ability to pay attention to detail required.
- Must be comfortable giving detailed instructions to small groups on an individual, walk-in or appointment basis in order to clearly communicate testing instructions.
- Experience with proctoring standardized testing or related test systems strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of registration, advising and other college services or policies preferred.
- Bilingual or Bicultural (English and Spanish).
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
- Non-Benefited position
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July, 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: June 18, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery