Full-Time Maintainer II
Department:: Buildings and Grounds
Locations:: Lawrence, MA
Posted:: Jun 4, 2021
Closes:: Jun 18, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 131854
POSITION: FULL-TIME MAINTAINER II: Building and Grounds; 40 hours per week, 7:00AM - 3:30PM (Monday - Friday); AFSCME Unit Position; Lawrence Campus
RESPONSIBILITIES: The basic purpose of this work is to perform various manual tasks required for the routine maintenance of the buildings and grounds of an educational campus.
- Performs routine manual tasks involved in the maintenance, repair or beautification of campus grounds or roads, such as cutting grass, weeds or brush; cleaning culverts, gutters, catch-basins, drains or ditches; loading and unloading vehicles; moving and setting up furniture; spreading sand, gravel, loam or asphalt; digging ditches or post-holes; setting or pulling posts; repairing guardrails or fences; patching concrete or asphalt surfaces; maintaining, erecting or repairing signs; cleaning or marking roadways for parking lots; erecting or dismantling snow fences; painting fences, posts, guardrails or building exteriors.
- Performs routine laboring tasks to assist skilled tradespeople engaged in maintenance, repair or construction work using hand and electrical tools appropriate to craft, such as assisting with the dismantling, fabrication, alteration and construction of building structures and building systems.
- Sweeps sidewalks, rakes and collects leaves, collects and hauls debris or rubbish, shovels snow, sands roadways or walkways; performs other manual tasks involved with snow removal, control and disposal.
- Makes general repairs of a simple nature, including minor repairs to groundskeeping equipment.
- Operates wheel tractors, electric trimmers, buffers or other similar mechanical or power-driven equipment; drives a truck
- The Classification Specification is available at: http://www.mass.edu/shared/documents/classificationspecs/specspers/Maintainer Series.doc
- Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in building custodial or institution housekeeping work; or in landscaping, groundskeeping, park maintenance or tree maintenance work.
- Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Knowledge of the methods followed in building custodial, maintenance, groundskeeping and storekeeping work.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures followed in building maintenance, custodial, groundskeeping and storekeeping work.
- Skill in the use of small hand tools used in building maintenance, such as pliers, hammers, wrenches, etc.
GRADE AND SALARY:
- $1,425.94 - $1,915.78 biweekly ($37,074.44 - $49,810.28 annually).
- An appointment from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at Step I of the range. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July, 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: June 18, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery