Research Assistant Professor - Aerospace/Aviation
Position Information: DescriptionThe University of North Dakota (UND) is seeking qualified applicants for a non-tenure track research faculty position, to be filled at the Research Assistant Professor level, within the Department of Aviation. This is a 12-month position and is contingent on available funding. This position will support research within the research within the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace’s Aviation Department, and for the Research Institute for Autonomous Systems (RIAS)Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Research ExecutionConduct research tasks to reach milestones.Produce reports, presentations, etc., as required.Present research (conferences, meetings, etc.).
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to be self-directed.Ability to function independently and as part of a team.Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and take initiative.Experience participating in large and small group meetings.Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.High level of attention-to-detail and the ability to generate timely work products.Must be able work with diverse groups of people. Demonstrated ability to connect resources, empower interested persons and organizations, and take leadership roles.
- Completion of a Master’s degree in an Aviation related field (aviation, aerospace, engineering, etc.).Experience with executing research projects.Successful completion of criminal history records check.
- Completion of a Ph.D., Ed.D., or J.D. degree.Experience leading research projects.Experience in leading proposal development.Experience working with unmanned/autonomous systems.Experience working in higher education.
- Cover letterCurriculum vitae.Names and addresses of at least 3 professional references.