Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources CoordinatorJune 03, 2021
The Human Resources Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources. The position will be responsible for HR operations including recruitment, coordination of onboarding new hires, leave and benefits administration, personnel records management, and employee correspondence. This position will serve as the point of contact for faculty and staff with regards to HR policies, procedures, and practices for Lake Forest College. This is a part-time position with 20-25 hours per week schedule.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Answers inquiries from employees. Provides faculty and staff with general information and assists in matters involving benefits and the completion of various forms.
- Assists managers with activities related to recruitment; posts job ads, prescreens staff applicants for minimum qualifications; forwards resumes to hiring managers; schedules phone screens and coordinates in-person interviews; conducts background checks and ensures reference checks are completed.
- Assists with onboarding new employees; creates and maintains HR records and files in Jenzabar and ADP; maintains online directory. Provides new hires with required notices.
- Assists with exit process of staff.
- Updates and maintains employee benefits, employment status, and similar records in ADP.
- Completes employment verifications and unemployment claims.
- Assists and advises managers and employees on leave administration including sick time, vacation time, holidays, and other leaves as available.
- Works with employees to answer benefit questions and assists in processing life events and open enrollment elections.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, and other HR programs, and recommending corrective actions.
- Assists with event planning and drafting HR correspondence; provides other support to the Director of Human Resources as needed.
- Associates degree with 2-4 years of human resources or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working experience with human resources management principles and practices including employment law, recruitment, payroll and performance management.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to organize a high volume of information and inquiries in a professional and timely manner with very high attention to detail, follow-up and accuracy.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality customer service involving a proactive approach.
- Ability to maintain ethical work practices as well as confidentiality and handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with varied audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to set priorities, manage multiple assignments and meet completing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage assignments and projects in a proactive, solution-oriented manner while setting priorities appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Experience with the ADP software is a plus.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to Agnes Stepek at [email protected].
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.