Coordinator of Campus Visitation
Coordinator of Campus VisitationTracking Code631-280 Job Description
The campus visit coordinator is a highly professional, flexible, composed, organized and outgoing person that leads the admissions front desk and visitor center operations in support of the recruitment function of the University. In this high visibility, fast-paced environment, responsibilities include: answering the phone, providing superior customer service, greeting admissions guests, general college visitors and VIPs to the office, directing calls/visitors to appropriate offices for meetings on time, scheduling meetings for admissions and various offices, obtaining information from prospects, assisting with campus visits for prospective students; making sure all other aspects are covered, and other duties as assigned.
This role is a high impact, front line position influencing students with their decisions regarding enrollment, financial aid, and admission which greatly impacts their Stetson experience. This position requires frequent directing of student ambassadors; a high level of delegation, supporting daily visits, assisting in the coordination of large scale admission events (open houses and admitted student days), hosting daily and group visits, regular tracking and weekly reporting on campus visit data, incoming call volume, checking voicemail, service counts data, managing the front desk schedule and maintaining the front desk policy and procedures documents through regular evaluation and updates. Coverage of reception area involves the exercise of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in various duties. Position requires ability to work with sensitive issues requiring high levels of confidentiality, as well as to positively promote the university's programs in daily contact with prospective students. Finally, setting of campus visit appointments and data entry of visits are additional requirements for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility includes coverage of front desk, greeting visitors, and answering high volume telephone calls
- Serve as a key source of information related to the programs for participants, students and staff as initial point of contact service for many areas of the college including all offices in the Rinker Welcome Center
- Data entry of prospective student visit information
- Comprehensive front desk appointment scheduling for prospective families and counseling staff, as needed
- Responds to inquiries that may be referred to Enrollment Management from across camps
- Manages and responds to incoming Customer Relationship Management (CRM) contacts from current and prospective students, community members and staff/faculty.
- Participation in on-campus admissions events in evenings and on weekends.
- Independently researches, makes recommendations and implements efficiency practices and procedures for office management as it relates to Campus Visitation.
- Collects documents for admissions, financial aid, scholarships and records while ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Handles high volumes of phone calls and in person interactions during peak times with interactions reaching 100 plus
- Providing support within the Lynn Presentation Room with technology needs of university constituents utilizing the space
- Must become knowledgeable about all aspects of Stetson University including but not limited to academic programs, campus events and activities, orientation, athletics, housing, college policy, and important dates
- Provides training, guidance and supervision of student ambassadors and training regarding the campus visit experience to staff
- Other duties as assigned:
- Saturday hours (on a rotating basis with all other operations staff during academic year)
- Assist in the planning, implementation and registration of on campus events including but not limited to 5 open houses per year, 1 large scale admitted student event
- Based on needs of the office, the Coordinator of Campus Visitation may be called upon for other tasks at short notice. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned
- Manges and mentors a small student staff of Customer Service Assistance. Staff can range from 1-3 students. Being able to help students grow and learn professional skills is key
Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED or equivalent experience (3 years)Required Skills
- Superior customer service skills along with being proactive and highly organized is needed
- Thorough knowledge of office systems with the ability to use a range of technology, systems and software packages. Including being skilled in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Initiative, flexibility, ability to make decisions in a fast-paced setting, handle stress in situations, ability to work in a team environment and work towards independent and collective goals
- Additional qualifications include punctuality, above-average typing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability and desire to work in an office environment that is fast-paced, while frequently interacting with prospective students and their families, as well as the Stetson community and the general public
- Knowledge of admissions and/or enrollment management
- Knowledge and use of CRM (Customer Relations Management Software)
- Fluency or competency in Spanish
- High school diploma, or GED, or three (3) years of experience in a wide scope of contemporary administrative support and receptionist procedures and practices, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Salary Grade: 4Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular