Senior Director of Online Marketing and Enrollment Services
Job Title: Senior Director of Online Marketing and Enrollment Services
Location: UM System - Columbia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 37032
The University of Missouri System (UM System) consists of system administration and four universities: The University of Missouri-Columbia, the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the Missouri University of Science and Technology, the University of Missouri-St. Louis, and all of their component parts, including MU Health, MU Extension and UM Engagement. It has a unique mission to advance the opportunities for success and well-being for Missouri, the nation, and the world through transformative teaching, research, innovation, engagement, and inclusion.
Missouri Online | UM System Office of eLearning supports each of the four universities in providing vision and leadership regarding excellence, quality, and scale in academic program services for online and digital education. Through the provision of these services and led by world-class faculty and staff, the Office of eLearning strives to deliver high-quality, interactive, convenient, and engaging learning experiences for a globally diverse student body.
Missouri Online | UM System Office of eLearning welcomes applications for the role of the Senior Director of Online Marketing and Enrollment Services. Reporting directly to the Chief Online Learning and Technology Officer, the future Senior Director will provide visionary leadership for a wide range of eLearning initiatives and set a vision for the marketing and enrollment strategy for Missouri Online. The Senior Director will be responsible for effective oversight, leadership, and direction for the student attraction and enrollment experiences, steward the Missouri Online identity, and be responsible for ensuring an effective marketing and communications strategy. Serving as a strategic partner with the University System and all four campuses the future Senior Director will be the point person for all campus marketing, enrollment management, and communication efforts for Missouri Online and lead a large team of talented and dedicated team members, who are essential in supporting enrolled students in over 260 degree programs.
Missouri Online | UM System Office of eLearning may consider alternative work arrangements (e.g., remote work), depending on the situation and ability to successfully achieve expectations. It is expected that all eLearning leaders attend regular and ad hoc on-campus meetings throughout the state.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative leadership, management, and supervision to complex projects, vendor services, as well as 30 FTEs and a $6 million budget associated with Missouri Online.
- Oversee and support the Directors for Student Life Cycle Services and Online Marketing Services in delivering resources to design and provide highly complex marketing campaigns across all campuses.
- Oversee and support all efforts related to online student lifecycle management services, program and campus marketing, analytics and data reporting for the entire marketing and enrollment pipeline, as well as staff training.
- Identify and manage third-party services to provide exceptional student services.
- Provide leadership and project coordination in the development of resources to be shared at the university system level.
- Direct and provide leadership around complex university policies and operations to ensure timely completion of team projects.
- Establish and build effective partnerships across the university system with campus stakeholders to expand and enhance the university's online program/course marketing and enrollment support initiatives; meet regularly with campus, school, and program-level leadership to coordinate, plan, and direct strategic initiatives and improvement in online education.
- Develop and implement system-wide strategic goals for eLearning marketing, lifecycle services, student experience, and sustainability of online programs across the university system.
- Oversee strategic direction to support the marketing and enrollment pipeline; manage and maintain external facing web material content; oversee the social media strategy and engagement; lead across the student life cycle services to support students from inquiry through the first year of enrollment.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Online Learning and Technology Officer and senior leadership at all universities (e.g., Deans, Provosts, Associate Deans) to ensure program visibility, marketing awareness, and web compliance for eLearning programs.
- Negotiate with senior leaders and managers across the university system to set and deliver on program enrollment targets and manage the overall investment return on marketing campaigns.
- Work as an advocate/advisor with campus leadership and faculty to make recommendations to ensure innovation and quality of marketing and student lifecycle services.
- Oversee the Missouri Online brand; identify and serve as a steward in the usage and management in coordination and alignment with the university system.
- Direct the visual identity in alignment and coordination with system marketing and communications for Missouri Online.
- Oversee and review all office communications to faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide analysis and insights on marketing analytics, campaign support, and enrollment endeavors; work with technical staff to develop enhanced levels of reporting and ongoing communication with key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 7 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for the design and delivery of eLearning marketing and student experience.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience in partnering with academic leadership and faculty.
- Understanding of large-scale change management processes, ideally related to the analysis and delivery of online and digital marketing in a higher education setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices, including those related to key marketing platforms (e.g., Google, Facebook, YouTube).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, to cater to a wide variety of audiences.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
This opening is classified as a GGS Grade: 14 / Director III, Business Administration
Internal applicants can determine their current GGS Grade by accessing their Talent Profile in myHR.
Please complete the brief online application and submit a cover letter and a resume or CV for consideration.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice-Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), please use the following links:
EEO is the Law English Version
EEO is the Law Spanish Version
EEO is the Law Chinese Version