Maintenance Custodian (Part-Time)
Job Title: Maintenance Custodian (Part-Time)
Location: UM System - Columbia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 37003
State Historical Society of MissouriJob Description
The Maintenance Custodian will diagnose, schedule and supervise maintenance, repair and modification of campus building facilities and equipment. This position ensures reliable and efficient operation and maintenance of equipment for assigned area.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops, waxes and polishes floors by hand or machine. Spot checks and cleans carpet, upholstery and furniture.
- Washes windows, woodwork and walls.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Cleans, sanitizes and stocks rest rooms.
- Collects and disposes of waste and recycling, shovels snow, maintains outside sidewalks, and assists in keeping exterior premises in an orderly condition.
- Provides maintenance and minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, HVAC and sprinkler systems, also performs routine carpentry work.
- Performs some repairs and maintenance of buildings by patching walls and doors, painting walls and trim, and replacing fixtures, damaged ceiling and floor tiles, repairs carpet.
- Mows and fertilizes lawn, plants and maintains flower beds and irrigation.
- Setting up and taking down tables and chairs for lectures and programs.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Possess a broad understanding of the job to complete assignments
- Understand how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives
- Set own priorities in accordance with team needs
- Analyze and/or diagnose problems
- Impact the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team
- Exchange ideas and information effectively with others inside and outside of own team; uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
- Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent, are atypical, and/or occur infrequently
- May provide guidance or direction to others in completing related duties
- Allocates work and provides subject matter guidance to other team members (e.g., preparing schedules and planning and assigning work according to the schedules)
Salary Range: $15.29 to $20.70 an hour
This position is classified as an CSM Associate I / Grade 7
Internal applicants can determine their university title and current GGS by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
This position will require work on Saturdays, but is flexible on other days worked.
20 hours of work is expected a week.Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessaryPreferred Qualifications
One-year experience in custodial, building maintenance or general labor.
Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools.
Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity, and work well with others.
The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds