SENIOR PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPORT COORDINATOR - Simulation Education Specialist - SP Manager
Job Title: SENIOR PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPORT COORDINATOR - Simulation Education Specialist - SP Manager
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 37026
Russell D. and Mary B. Shelden Clinical Simulation CenterJob Description
To support the Director in the coordination of standardized patients and simulation programs which occur under the auspices of the Russell D. and Mary B. Shelden Clinical Simulation Center. This will include design, planning, scheduling, and delivery of professional clinical training programs, staff development, and external community programs. The specialist will be responsible for implementation of real-time simulations for the teaching and assessment of communication and procedural skills in the health sciences; supporting oversight of the Standardized Patient (SP) Program; and supporting the management, acquisition, and maintenance of the Clinical Simulation Center and its’ resources. This position will collaborate with faculty, staff, and learners to provide these trainings.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for and assist with the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training of standardized patients.Maintain overall responsibility and oversight for updated profiles of all standardized patients as well as sustain a strong working relationship with the group.
- In collaboration with the clinical departments, construct and evaluation scenarios utilizing standardized patients, human simulators, task trains and other appropriate resources.
- Monitor clinical standardized patient or simulator exercises and provide feedback, evaluation, and reporting as required.
- Set up, operate, clean and store simulation equipment (mannequins and mannequin accessories, task trainers) for simulation experiences.Manage inventory.
- Operate the computer software used to run simulation hardware, deliver audio cues, record simulations, and collect data.Be able to troubleshoot related problems.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all education and training records, assuring compliance with accreditation standards.
- Monitor departmental goals and objectives as outlined in the strategic plan of the Dean’s Office and ensure timely completion.
- Assist with the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with University, School of Medicine and UMCH policies and procedures.
- Implement quality assurance and improvement programs for the department.
- Confer with faculty, physicians, other departmental leaders to resolve operational problems and promote positive inter-school, university, and community relations.
- Partner with faculty, instructors, managers, physicians, and other stakeholders to ensure SP materials are current and relevant.
Salary Range: $47,476 - $84,505/year
University Title: SENIOR PROGRAM/PROJECT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications Experience working with standardized patients and/or simulation. Customer-service experience necessary.Supervisory/leadership experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.Detailed, logical thinker with good organizational skills/habits.Ability to occasionally work irregular hours or weekends for special events. Minimal travel required.Application Materials
In addition to the Online Application, please provide a Cover Letter and Resume.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: