Assistant Director of Video Operations
Assistant Director of Video OperationsPosition Number:
981350Vacancy Open to:
ATHLETICS - VIDEODivision:
13601 Brdcst and Emerging MediCompetency Level:
2 - JourneyWorking Title:
Assistant Director of Video OperationsNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$31,200 - $56,349Anticipated Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $43,000Salary Grade Equivalency:
M-F, as well as holidays and weekends as neededWork Hours:
8-5 pm, as well as nights as neededPosition Location (City):
Staff - ProfessionalOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Athletics Department’s mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences, and beliefs; and providing a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.Job Duties :
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce all video board components used during live sporting events at football, softball, baseball, volleyball, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and soccer. This includes creating the graphics, treatments, and editing videos.
- Oversee the service, repair, and maintenance of all video/audio equipment including scoreboards, audio systems, video boards, LED boards, and replay systems.
- Editing and breakdown of practice and game videos to use in feature and highlight videos.
- Transporting and setting up properly, equipment for practice and game day needs, including properly running cables and ensuring the safety of the public/student-athletes during the shooting of video segments, game day segments, etc.
- Visualizing, interpreting, and scripting for multi-purposes including TV shows, web features, game day segments, marketing/promotion videos, etc. using innovative production and graphic techniques.
- Fully utilize capabilities of non-linear/digital editing.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Launchpad video board software, For.A Switcher, Compix character generator, general troubleshooting with an understanding of signal flow between audio/video components, familiarity with Daktronics equipment such as the AllSport, Venus7000 and Show Control, and Adobe creative suite.
- Training/mentoring of student/part-time video assistants.
- Building quality relationships and working collaboratively/professionally with Athletics, Pirate Club, IMG, and University staff, students, business vendors, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Abiding by all policies and procedures of ECU, Athletics, NCAA, Pirate Club, and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Assist/provide support to AV operational projects which may include set up/installation of new equipment such as microphones, amplifiers, capture devices, loudspeakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, wire, terminating wires, and cable.
- This position may require non-business hour support including evening and weekends, depending on the needs of Athletics.
- Provides support, planning, and project coordination regarding multimedia integration at each venue throughout Athletics (including providing support to third-party companies assisting in integrating multimedia components).
- Coordinate with television (ESPN, CBS, etc.) for game day events. Inform television crews where to set up equipment. Point of contact for television crews and their operational questions/concerns.
- Serve as the replay technician for ESPN broadcasts.
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of the capabilities associated with video communication hardware and software, video network resources, and a variety of video and audio tools. Extensive knowledge of audio/video presentation systems, camera systems, and various audiovisual technologies.
- Provide technical support when the Director of Technology is unavailable.
- Experience working with Microsoft, Apple, or printers in a supportive environment. Familiar with supporting and troubleshooting workstations.
- Advanced computer technical skills including an in-depth working knowledge of various computer hardware/software and the ability to successfully troubleshoot computer and network problems. Ability to maintain a high level of client support. Ability to learn new technologies and effectively multitask.
- Must be highly self-motivated, creative, detail/solution oriented. Ability to work flexible/irregular hours due to event schedules. Ability to manage time and work calmly under pressure. Able to take initiative and work independently, without close supervision.
- Provide all content management for ECUTickets.net including knowledge of creating and updating a website, creating graphics for the website, and performing all updates for the website.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
N/APreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Master’s degree or four years of experience with video software, equipment and production
- Technical knowledge and skill in the use of video technology and equipment including digital editing, production and post-production editing, graphics, and photo software
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicant:
A complete application should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three current references.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
06/04/2021Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
06/11/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.