Human Resources Coordinator, 79003
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36975
Office of Human ResourcesJob Description
UMKC's Office of Human Resources is seeking qualified applications for a HR Specialist II. This role will coordinate and support projects related to employee relations, training, shared services, etc. This role will be responsible for maintaining and reporting training activities and associated data; providing analytical support to HRBP's related to needs in colleges, schools and divisions by identifying and coordinating applicable programs or projects.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Staff Awards Support: Shows initiative and uses decision making skills in nomination, review, & selection processes and determines essential information needed for event communications and planning
• Performance Management: market information according to annual schedule & provide support for scheduled trainings throughout the year.
• Exit Survey: Analyze information and use standard practices to make informed judgments and recommendations
• Provide advice and counsel to HRBPs related to discipline process and documentation including scheduling, reporting and monitoring of employee relations activities
• HR Trainings: schedule facilities and Zoom meetings, market trainings, track and report attendance and organize/solicit training evaluations and analyze data to make recommendations related to future trainings
• External department trainings/UM System offered trainings: Assist with registration & attendance, marketing, & evaluation process
• MyLearn system administrator: Track courses offered by UMKC Offices (registration & attendance), Answer employee inquiries.
• Oversee annual compliance training report analysis & distribution to UMKC HRBPs and HRFs. Answer campus level questions and/or direct individuals to HR Service Center
• Use software applications to analyze information and use standard practices to make informed judgments and recommendations
Provide project oversight and support the director. Research current trends and benchmark HR projects to provide ideas and recommendations for things such as employee engagement and recognition
Website development and coordinate ongoing updates with HR SpecialistsMinimum Qualifications
An Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area
3 - 5 years of administrative experience, preferably in HR or a related field
Comfortable learning and using technology
PHR Certified preferredFull Time/Part Time
$16.92 - $18.75 per hour commensurate with experience and educationApplication Deadline
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.