Assistant Director of Recruitment, Office of Admissions, 36295
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36917
Office of AdmissionsJob Description
UMKC’s Office of Admissions is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Director of Recruitment. This position would assist the Associate Director of Recruitment and the Director of Admissions with operational, financial, and personnel functions of admissions and recruitment. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- plans, manages, and implements student recruitment strategies to help the University achieve enrollment goals
- assumes responsibility and autonomy for planning, coordinating, and supervising specific admissions programs or projects
- represents the University to prospective students, their parents, and the general public; and represents the office in the absence of the Associate Director or Director
- plans and implements the student recruitment and admissions plan for the admissions office
- recruitment and admission of domestic, first-time college students and helps support transfer and graduate teams
- special admissions and retention initiatives
- monitors day-to-day operations of the Admissions Recruitment team (5-7 recruiters)
- manages recruitment staff
- supervises personnel, which includes the following: establishes work allocation, training and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 4 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications Master’s Degree preferred in Higher Education, Educational Administration, Student Personnel Administration, etc.3-4 years admissions and recruitment experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of this position are preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.Full Time/Part Time
Full time, benefit-eligibleSalary
$47,476 - $49,200 commensurate with experience and education.Application Deadline
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Comments
Some evenings, weekends, and overnight travel required.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.